1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

'Survivor: Blood vs. Water' cast revealed, lots of favorites are back

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by oldschoolecw, Aug 22, 2013.

1. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
  2. APB101

APB101 Icon

Sep 1, 2010
    Michigan
    Survivor was my favorite television series from the decade of the 2000s. But this latest makes the argument that the CBS series is out of gas.

3. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Ratings say otherwise. Although it's declined, it's still pulling 9-10+ million each season.

4. thxultra

thxultra Godfather

Feb 1, 2005
    Looking forward to this season. Rumor has it hayden from Big Brother is going to be on and Colton is always great tv watching. Still wish they would have a season with all new castaways.

5. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    I wish they would do a season with our 5 branches of active Military. 5 teams of 5 or 6 members on each team. I think it would make great TV

1 person likes this.
  6. APB101

APB101 Icon

Sep 1, 2010
    Michigan
    I wasn't referring to ratings.

7. thxultra

thxultra Godfather

Feb 1, 2005
    I notice this with CBS Reality tv in general Big Brother has the same problem. Same tired old challanges. CBS needs to refresh these shows by changing up the format a bit. Hard to get excited seeing the same old challanges and stratigies.

8. sigma1914

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    A reality competition show that others should look at is The Hero. The temptation of money really was a good concept.

9. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I have a friend that wants them to cancel Amazing Race because he feels that would allow them to bring what he feels everyone wants, more Survivor per year. I bet even Jeff Probst would balk at that one :)

10. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Just the opposite here. I'd be quite happy to see Surivor cancelled in favor of more Amazing Race. Once I got hooked on Amazing Race, the backbiting and all-around nastiness of Survivor overshadowed the things I *did* like about it. But there's plenty of airtime out there for everyone. I just haven't watched Survivor in several years.

Now I even go out of my way to grab episodes of "The Amazing Race Canada".

1 person likes this.
  11. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    +1

Both programs show beautiful photography and interesting people. If I had to chose which one to watch, it would have to be TAR. Survivor takes you to jungles and islands ... TAR takes you to the world. You get to see the people, the cities, the country and its customs. Survivor does none of that.

12. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    +1. And I'm tired of those "jungles and islands". How about a Survivor Alaska?

13. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    Survivor Death Valley?
    Survivor Rocky Mountains?
    Survivor Tombstone?
    Survivor Donners Pass?

14. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Sure why not, change it up a bit. :D

15. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    Nah, they won't do it. They like their jungles and islands too much.

16. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I don't know about the rest of you folks, but I'm excited to see Survivor back. It could be interesting seeing how Gervase and Colton interact. Family against Family ... It's all exciting and new.

I don't even care if they reccycled the entire cast for a season. It's always new because the roles can get reversed. I'll be watching until they decide to stop making the show completly. Until then, it never gets old ... even if challenges are the same.

17. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    I agree, this is one of my favorites and I never miss an episode.

18. sigma1914

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Is anyone else watching? I'm enjoying the season and like the new twists. It really adds to the strategy with planning ahead.

19. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    I have the season recording but only saw the first episode so far. I haven't really heard to much talk about this season from fan sites and thought Oh no! this season must suck. I'll set some time to catch up

20. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Show is as good as ever as far from my perspective ... That being said, it requires a different thinking cap this year than in the past. They dynamics are very different than in the past.