1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Survivors - Alert

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by TulsaOK, Mar 27, 2010.

1. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    I have a timer set up to record Survivors on BBC America which is on Tuesday nights. For some reason, my timer doesn't recognize the program this coming week which is a new program. Also, I don't recognize the description.
    If anyone else is recording this, check your timer to make sure it's going to fire on Tuesday. I set up a separate timer just to be on the safe side.

2. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I had to reset my existing timer as it disappeared. I'll be checking again on Tuesday.

3. Grandude

Grandude RichardParker II

Oct 21, 2004
    Thanks for the heads up. My timer missed it too. Added a one time to record it. Hope it comes back properly after this week.

4. russ9

russ9 Godfather

Jan 28, 2004
    Same here, thanks for the heads up!

I hope it's just a glitch and not a virus.....

5. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    Thanks for the heads up as well. Same issue, its a new episode, but the its not in the schedule. Hope this doesn't happen in the future, Survivors is one of the best shows out there.

6. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I don't watch, but I thought it came on Saturdays... is it one of those they show a repeat airing on a different day?

7. n0qcu

n0qcu Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    It was on Saturday they moved it to Tuesday now.

8. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    It really was a weird scheduling issue. As you may know the BBC shows frequently have six episodes per "season." In this case, Season 1 Episode 6 was scheduled on a Saturday and Season 2 Episode 1 was scheduled in the new time slot on Tuesdays.

9. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    Wasn't that happy with the BBC moving the nite, but that happens. I was just strange to have guide show the correct date, show it was new, but the timer wasn't seeing it.
    I have noticed that even autotunes see changes in time and day, so this just didn't make sense.
    I have a daily autotune for That '70's show on FX for 2pm, its more of an alarm if I get busy working and lose time of the day. FX has been moving the 2pm show to 130 and to 230 alot lately and the autotune adjusts, an tunes in an anyways.

10. n0qcu

n0qcu Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    It has happened with other shows in the past.

Something in the hidden data that identifies the "show" has changed so the old timer nolonger finds the show. The timer must be replaced.

11. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    This is why I check the timers daily. Kind of anal, I know, but sometimes it pays off.

12. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I remember a couple of times Doctor Who episodes would air with a date that didn't exist yet... (ex. on April 17th, an episode would be in the EPG that would say "new" with an original air date of 4/19!)

In those cases I never know if it is the channel providing wrong info to Tribune, or Tribune providing wrong info to Dish, or Dish somehow messing it up when they process it.

I've learned to keep an eye on my favorite shows for just these reasons.

Regarding Survivors.. I was interested, but missed the first couple of episodes before I was interested, so figured I'd wait and try again if they started over in repeats.

13. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Godfather

Sep 4, 2005
    +1.

14. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    It appears that the guide data has had an update. I record a program at 9:00 that's re-aired at 12:00 and every time it's picked both of them to record. Today I notice that it's start to skip the 12:00 program due to a duplicate program. Looks like we're getting more accurate data now.

15. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Oh, and I didn't even think to mention...

On one of my receivers I had some issues with timers I had set just before the time change.

Old timers were fine.. but new timers I had set that week, before the Sunday morning time change... were screwed up and I had to delete and re-add them.

Could have been a fluke for me... but I meant to ask if your Survivors timer had been recently defined or if it was an old one?

16. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    It was old.

17. neilo

neilo AllStar

Aug 7, 2006
    Maryland
    I had been trying to put it back in last week, but the timer just wouldn't stick. A couple of days ago the guide data update did its thing and it is scheduled as it should be. The timer situation is just weird sometimes.

18. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Well, I'll be dipped. My Survivors timer seems to be accurate now. I now have two timers set for the same program. I didn't know that could happen.

Update: My Daily Schedule shows only the last timer I set up. The Timers List shows both timers and events are schedule on both.