1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swap mode

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by sansha, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sansha

sansha AllStar

Apr 27, 2007
    I just discovered "Swap" on my 622, which was a pleasant suprise (I'm in single mode). Perhaps this is a stupid question, but I note that the resolution for a 2nd tv is supposed to be in standard def, so, is the second tv picture when swapping from tv1 to tv2 in standard resolution, compared to the first picture/tuner?

If I am recording two programs, one in HD and one not, should I take care to record the HD one from tuner/picture 1, and the SD one from tuner 2 or doesn't it matter?

2. ChuckA

ChuckA Hall Of Fame

Feb 7, 2006
    All tuners can record in HD.

3. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    All three tuners record whatever resolution the incoming signal is. It's TV2 output that is SD only not tuners. If you are in single mode with HDMI or component connection you will get the best resolution regardless of which tuner you use.

4. Slordak

Slordak Hall Of Fame

Dec 17, 2003
    If you're running in single mode, all tuners are equivalent (except for the obvious difference that the third tuner is OTA-only). All tuners can view and record HD, and you will always be capable of receiving a high definition signal from the unit regardless of what tuner you are viewing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.