1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sweep Test Question

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by Sandman, Oct 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sandman

Sandman Godfather

Sep 23, 2002
    I have approx 250' of Belden 9246 RG6 coax that I would like to use to complete an install, but I can not find and info regarding the sweep test rating, I have checked the Belden web site and cannot find this cable listed, I no longer have the original box and was looking for suggestion on how to determine if this particular cable is adequate to use for a Superdish install from the DP34 to the receivers, approx 75' in length.

Thanks
    Bob

2. red hazard

red hazard Legend DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 11, 2004
    Apparently it's discontinued. I doubt you will have problems with only a 75' run of coax. Not being swept to at least 2.2 Ghz (E* DP requirement) means that there could be more loss at the higher frequencies as compared to a so-called cable swept to 2.2 Ghz or higher. One experienced installer in this forum, mike500, insists that it doesn't matter. I would give it a shot but be advised that generally it's recommended that Rg6 in DSS applications have at least 60% shielding in the coax. Good luck.

3. Sandman

Sandman Godfather

Sep 23, 2002
    I found this on the Belden website

Belden sweep tested to 450 MHz. In the mid - 1980s, we increased testing to 550 MHz. And in the late 1980s, sweep testing to 750 MHz had become the norm. In this same fashion, Belden sweep tests to 1 GHz for the Broadband Industry to adequately serve its market in the 90s.

The cable I have is from the 2001 era so I feel confident that it will work, now if it ever stops raining from ts Matthew I can complete my install

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.