1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Switching - A Dilemma

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Lazy Senior, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Lazy Senior

Lazy Senior Legend

Jan 24, 2005
    I am presently a Dish customer with a 2 year contract ending the first week in March. I am contemplating a switch back to Directv at that time unless Dish offers me something great to re sign a 2 year contract - not likely.

While looking at the Directv website, I have noticed the present offers end on Feb 8. Also I have read here that some Packages are changing and a New package called Entertainment is going to start. This package interests me because it is suggested it will have a minimum of sports channels. I want something like this as I hate sports and hate paying for sport channels I do not watch.

Directv has a price increase in Feb. My question is should I wait for the new promo offers after Feb 9 or will I save $$ by trying to beat the increase? The DTV advertisement I have from the newspaper touts "Last Chance to Lock In 2011 Prices".

2. bigtom

bigtom Legend

Jan 23, 2009
    You can get the current offer on Choice or Choice Extra now or you can wait to see what new customer offer DIRECTV will have after Feb 9th for the Entertainment package. Entry level Packages like Choice and Entertainment usually start around 29.99 regardless of the normal package price. You can always change the package after the promo expires to the Entertainment.