1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Switching between promo plans in the first 12 months.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by 63teddi, Jul 31, 2014.

1. 63teddi

63teddi New Member

Jul 31, 2014
    I signed up with DTV and selected the SELECT package to try out on the promotional rate, it's been less than 2 months since I've been with them.

Can I switch to the Premier package and take advantage of the promotion that comes with that plan for the next 10+ months (12 month new customer promo)?

Thanks in advance.

2. coolman302003

coolman302003 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Jun 2, 2008
    Southeast
    I'm thinking you can do it but make sure you do NOT make the package change online, do it over the phone and preferably with a Customer Retention Group (CRG) CSR because I would be afraid that a front line CSR would not transfer the credits correctly causing you with a much higher bill the next month(s) and requiring another call if not multiple to have it fixed.

You should be able to get to CRG by telling the automated system "Check contract end date" or "When does my contract end?" at the 'please, tell me the reason for your call today' prompt. You can always ask them if there in retention when your call is answered. They should also be well versed on whether or not you would forfeit or lose any of those new customer credits during a base package change, and can give you the answer before they make the change to your account.

Just my two cents...

3. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    The only way to find out what DIRECTV is going to offer you is to call DIRECTV and ask them.

Often companies have a "you snooze, you lose" policy but you never know until you ask the company.

4. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    This is Dish Network's specialty.... !rolling

5. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    I'll definitely call instead of changing package online, because credits may not transfer, They'll have to punch it in the computer and check if it can be done, If not then they can always offer credits to the upgraded package.

6. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    I'm pretty sure they aren't alone in this.

There's a reason most sign-up recommendations come with a caveat about getting everything you need up front.