1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Switching from Choice Xtra to Entertainment Will I still get free HD?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by StephenJC, Sep 30, 2012.

1. StephenJC

StephenJC Legend

Feb 26, 2012
    Thinking of dropping down to Entertainment pkg from Choice Xtra. I have free HD for life since I signed up in 3/11 and have autopay. If I do that will I still get free HD?

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Ask when you call. Entertainment was added after the free HD. Used to be for Choice and above. Entertainment is below Choice, so they may or may not include it as a qualifying package.

If they say yes, get the name of the CSR, and record the name, date and time of the call in case they "forget" what they told you, and you need to get it reinstated later.

3. naijai

naijai Hall Of Fame

Aug 19, 2006
    No you won't

Base package requirement is choice xtra for most customers. Going by your date joining this site I'd say you activated just before that offer ended