1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Switching from E* to D*: chance I will not get waivers?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by kitumbach, Sep 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitumbach

kitumbach New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    I am currently an E* subscriber and am considering switching to D* because
    of Tivo. I get the distant broadcast feeds
    of CBS, ABC, NBC, and Fox over E* because of my location in Ithaca, NY. I know that I have to resubmit my application for the local broadcast
    station waiver. However, is there a chance that this
    time around I will not get a waiver? I called D* customer service
    and they said they couldn't check if I qualified
    for waivers until I had an active account!

Also, this question could be answered by
    someone in Ithaca who has D* with the
    distant network feed.

Thanks!

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Yes, there is a chance that you will get denied waivers if you switch. But there's probably a better chance that you win't be denied - it really depends on how far out you live from the stations in your DMA. You could call the stations in question and ask them.

I'm assuming that Directv does in fact have national network feeds available for people with waivers?

3. Karl Foster

Karl Foster Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Yes, Directv has New York and Los Angeles feeds for those who are granted disntant nets waivers.

I currenly have a waiver for Fox (don't ask me why 'cause I don't know why) and they come in on channel 388 and 389 (NY and LA).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.