1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

switchng from dish to direct

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by mkpolley, Oct 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkpolley

mkpolley Legend

Dec 7, 2003
    Im switching in about a week,ordered 2 standard hd recievers,what model reciever will i get?any problems with those reciever i should be aware of?
    thanks

2. fwlogue

fwlogue Godfather

Dec 5, 2006
    You will be getting the H20 as to whether it will be a h20-100 or h20-600 that will not be known until they show up with the units.

3. mkpolley

mkpolley Legend

Dec 7, 2003
    Thankyou

4. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    Did you pay full price for the receiver's ($99) or did you get a deal on them? If you did pay full price and if you don't need a OTA tuner you may want to cancel the receiver's and go to Best Buy and pick up two H21's for the same price. I have 2-H20-600's and they have came a long way but I also have a h21 and it is a much better receiver if you don't need a OTA.

5. mkpolley

mkpolley Legend

Dec 7, 2003
    I ordered off the direct website..2 hd recievers for $99 plus tax.
    does that mean i will get a h-20 or h-21?
    I really dont need ota,except maybe for a few sub channels i watch sometimes.
    Im seeing on this forum that the H-20 runs real hot?
    Do i have a choice of recievers,or whatever they bring?

6. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    I am not sure if DirecTV is even installing the H21 yet. But you will not have a choice going through them even if they are.

H21

- Runs much cooler
    - Much faster unit
    - Looks better
    - The unit is a little larger so if you need to stack something on top of it the other unit will fit right.
    - It has a ethernet connection. (Not sure what it is going to be used for yet)

H20

- OTA tuner

7. Xing

Xing Legend

Oct 1, 2007
    Most likely you will be getting 2 h20's.
    Yes the h20's run pretty hot so it needs to be in a place that's well ventilated.
    Unfortunately, no D* does not give you a choice if you buy from the web.
    If you want the H21 they are at most Best Buy's now and run cooler and a little faster, but do not have an OTA tuner. You can cancel the order and schedule it for just an install, but the recievers are still leased and are $99 plus tax a piece.
    Good Luck with the switch. D* is great.

8. mkpolley

mkpolley Legend

Dec 7, 2003
    ok,thanks everyone for the info

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.