1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

SWM-16 and band stop filter

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by bruceko, Mar 1, 2013.

1. bruceko

bruceko Mentor

Dec 14, 2006
    I am changing out my swm lmb with a new lnb and swm-16.
    My current set up has a band stop filter on the line from the splitter to the swm lnb. the current splitter is not the green model. I will be replacing the splitter with a green.
    I currently have 2 hr22-100 and a hr24 200 and DECA.
    I plan on adding a hr44 when they become available and
    Do I still need the band stop filter between the splitter and the SWM-16?

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Might depend on what you want and don't want as part of the whole home network, "but" the reason you have a filter was your current SWiMLNB was an early model.
    Should you keep the filter, the two outputs of the SWiM-16 won't be able to share so more than likely, you won't want to use it.

3. jasonp197722

jasonp197722 New Member

Mar 2, 2013
    no you will not need the band stop mater of fact the hr 44 wil not work properly if it is in the line be aware that you will need four lines from your sl3 to the swm 16 multi switch and at least one 4way green label splitter.

4. bruceko

bruceko Mentor

Dec 14, 2006
    Thanks for the answers.