1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

SWM 4 and upgraded hd in dvr

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by tightredcorset, Jul 21, 2011.

1. tightredcorset

tightredcorset New Member

Feb 19, 2011
    My wife is a Nascar nut. The HD Receiver in the LRM blew up. Yea smoke and everything. She lost 250 gigs of races, interviews, and more. I couldn't evven recover the stuff. Drive would not even spool up.

So I put a 1T drive in the new receiver DTV sent me. Wonderful, Until they set up the whole home.

That VCR will not be seen or will not see the other two receivers.

I thought it was the PS he put inline with that Receiver. So I moved the PS to the line coming in from the SWM. No Go.

Anybody had this issue? Resolutions???

Lee

2. David Ortiz

David Ortiz Save the Clock Tower!! DBSTalk Club

Aug 21, 2006
    Fresno, CA
    You can check Whole-Home status on each DVR by going in the menu to Setup, then Whole-Home, then Status. The status screen will tell you if Whole-Home is authorized and which DVRs can be seen.

It's possible you just need to restart each DVR. If it's more involved than that, then it would be helpful to post model numbers of your equipment.

3. tightredcorset

Feb 19, 2011
    The DVR in question was forced a software download. Reset and setup again. When I go to status it says no other units online.

All lights on the DECA1MR0-01 are green. (Living Rm and Bed Rm, Computer Rm is one of the new HR24-500's)

If I go to the computer room or bedroom, both of those show the other ( BR: CR: ) as online. Neither one shows the Living Rm.

The DTV Tech commented he has never seen this before. We both are wondering if the 1Tb hard drive has something to do with it.

4. David Ortiz

David Ortiz Save the Clock Tower!! DBSTalk Club

Aug 21, 2006
    Fresno, CA
    On the living room DVR, go to the system menu and while info is highlighted, move to the right and choose More System Info. If you arrow down, you'll come to the status of the networking. Does the living room DVR have an IP address? What is it?

5. tightredcorset

Feb 19, 2011
    [​IMG]

Problem 1. cat 5 plugged into the bottom hole. Moved it to #1

Problem 2. This was a reconditioned receiver. It was set up for ethernet web access. 192.168.x.x. Easy fix defaulted network settings. 169.x.x.x

Thanks David