1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

SWM issue or bad LNB

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by backpacker, Jun 26, 2014.

1. backpacker

backpacker New Member

Jun 26, 2014
    North Carolina
    Merged vacation home and primary into same DTV account. Both locations are the same setup HR24 receiver, slimline 3 dish. PR-21 power inserter. I cancel vacation home dtv and simple order and extra hr24 receiver to replace it. When i go to hook up new receiver i get an error 755. Systems check is that it can't locate the swm. Coincidence that it went out when i changed services? How can i confirm that the swm is bad and not the LNB. SWM still has the green light solid on top. Literally nothing has changed from the old setup. Help please. Thanks

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    You might need to repeat satellite set up and specify the correct dish and switch type

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. backpacker

backpacker New Member

Jun 26, 2014
    North Carolina
    all good. setup says no swm detected

4. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    then check your cable/installation

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. backpacker

backpacker New Member

Jun 26, 2014
    North Carolina
    can the PI be bad with a solid green light showing?

6. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    I guess anything can be possible, but this would be unlikely

7. backpacker

backpacker New Member

Jun 26, 2014
    North Carolina
    so assuming all connections are ok this would point to the LNB correct?

8. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    you have not given us enough information to get to this conclunion

9. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    Could be a bad connection or cable. 775 error is swm communication with dish, so anything that prevents signal from the lnb to the receiver is suspect.

10. Ken Stomski

Ken Stomski Mentor

Nov 17, 2011
    is it known that the coaxial cable you are hooking up to the new receiver actually goes to a swm splitter that is hooked up to the reflector?