1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SWM replacement included in MRV install?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by asiu, Jun 22, 2010.

1. asiu

asiu New Member

Jun 22, 2010
    I Just ordered MRV install for this Friday. I currently have a 2 HR20 and a new HR24 (yet to be activated yet). But my current setup is uses a 6x8 Multiswitch. Can I assume the installer will swap out the multiswitch and replace it with a SWM 8 and add splitters, DECA, PI, etc to my new MRV setup?

I just want to be prepared for my install after I had a horrible experience 3 years ago with the inital setup....3 separate visits adn hours on the phone...not fun.

2. dwcolvin

dwcolvin Icon

Oct 4, 2007
    He'll probably install a Slimline Dish with SWM LNB, certainly provide SWM PI, splitter, DECAS for the HR20s (if they wind up staying). Whether you get a DECA+PI depends on whether you requested one when you scheduled the install and asked for the 'Internet Kit'.

3. asiu

asiu New Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Yes i requested the internet kit.... So I should assume that the will also replace the dish? And is that inclusive in the MRV install? I want to know what is covered and what I have to pay additionally to the install.

thanks for the quick reply

4. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    If you already have a Slimline, the installer will probably swap out the LNB. If you have a Sidecar (AT-9) the dish will be replaced.