1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SWM8 and PI shipped for $230

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by nmb333, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nmb333

nmb333 New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Hi All: I have been lurking here for a couple of weeks since I moved to a new building with only a single wire to each bedroom and living room. I did a lot of research and found a company that will ship them for a little cheaper than others can get them.

I ordered an SWM8 and PI from PDI satellite last week and just received them. They were able to ship it to me in California for about $12 so the cost was about $218 for the parts. It was very easy. I call PDI satellite and asked to speak to someone in Sales. I was referred to Bill.

I explained to him that I was a small building property manager and was referred to their company by one of the tenants( a small white lie) He asked a few questions about the setup and the types of receivers and recommended the SWM8. He took my CC information and got my address. It took about a week to receive the parts.

I think that for $230, this is a good deal.

Please PM me if you have any questions.

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    How about you post a web link to PDI so anyone intrested can call them and order for themselves.

3. nmb333

nmb333 New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Since that was my first post I am unable to post any links to websites. That is why I didn't post the information. But here is there phone number

1-800-242-1606

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Your "small whilte lie" made the difference. I contacted PDI a couple months ago when the SWMs first became available through them, but they wouldn't sell one to me because I was not an MDU.

5. GatorPhan

GatorPhan AllStar

Jun 30, 2006
    Here's a link for PDI

http://www.pdisat.com/

6. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    thats why i can buy them in bulk and you had to tell a ''little white lie'' to get one, we are a system operater for a very large master system operator now and i can get them whenever i want. that is a good price though, and i bet it dont work too many times again.

7. nmb333

nmb333 New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Sorry if the post is not helpful given that I did not represent myself 100% truthfully. I figured that if the company is willing to sell one unit, they would be happy to sell more if there is interest from consumers. I thought that for the price others might want to give it a shot as it is about a 20% lower price than what others are able to get it for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.