1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

System Info

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by kirbybear, Dec 11, 2011.

1. kirbybear

kirbybear New Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Does any one know how to decipher the " System Info " screen. Specifically what the DETAILS screen reports and what does LOCATION ID indicate.

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
  3. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    Scrooge. :p

4. fpembleton

fpembleton Member

Jun 19, 2005
    Typical response - scrooge is an understatement. Never have seen anything like it. Better off just not to respond.

5. satcrazy

satcrazy Icon

Mar 15, 2011
    Great...
    agreed

6. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    It was exactly the correct response.

IOW - at least he provided a link.

7. upsss

upsss Cool Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Searching for "system info location id" you get thousands of unrelated results. The link you provided is from 2003 which basically debunks the existence of a GPS chip in the receivers and still not answering the OP question.

8. Rainbird

Rainbird Mentor

Aug 21, 2002
    No it wasn't. Responses like that show new members they are not welcome here.

9. karrank%

karrank% AllStar

Sep 20, 2009
    PSmith is the King of the RTFM drive-by around here

10. satcrazy

satcrazy Icon

Mar 15, 2011
    Great...
    Perhaps one of the DIRT people can answer that properly for you. They are generally pretty helpfull.

11. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Someone gave the answer 7 year ago and got raided by FBI.

12. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    I see some making wrongdoing here. Why ?

- as I wrote using search it in dish forums and you will get three pages with 81 threads.

Don't need be a ^%$& after 5 posts.

13. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    Back when I started on the internet - it was common practice for newbies to do some reading of the forum for awhile, and learn how to do searches and "RTFM" of the FAQs before they started asking questions .

Now we get the epitome of rudeness (the driveby question asking post) whom we often never hear from again.

Given the choice - I'd take #1. This is the type of poster who gets involved with the forum, who will be contributing later.

14. karrank%

karrank% AllStar

Sep 20, 2009
    Huzzah! I've reached epitome status!

---I AM off your lawn.

15. satcrazy

satcrazy Icon

Mar 15, 2011
    Great...
    I agree with you regarding reading the forums first before you ask a question, but I got this same reply when I started posting, and I did A LOT of reading. As a matter of fact you were one of the people that replied, and I thank you for that, because it made me overlook the first "comment", and kept me interested in this forum.

A little kindness goes a long way.

16. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Friendly moderator warning... Discuss the issue, not each other... Also if you don't have a real answer, please refrain from derailing the thread with a useless answer. Thanks.

17. kirbybear

kirbybear New Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Since I had already done a search and found very little info ,I posted and was really expecting a response from DIRT perhaps with a link to some hard to find tech page buried in their web site.
    I am on many technical forums and it usually takes at least 3 pages to get to this level of trash talk.
    Does DISH not want for us to know what the System Info pages mean ?

18. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    Considering that it is used as a fraud prevention measure, I don't expect you will find any publicly available information on the location ID.

19. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I'm not sure that very much of the info on that screen is meant for customers as much as it is for service people and diagnostics... So I would not expect that info to be easy to come by as a customer.

20. kirbybear

kirbybear New Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Thanks much. I suspect that is why information is hard to come by for the systems page. I have never had a tech ask me to look at the Sys Info screen for any of the four receiver that have been returned over the years.