1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

T-Mobile Shoots For Full Network LTE By 2015

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by SayWhat?, Mar 13, 2014.

1. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Several sites talking about it. May involve the spectrum they acquired from Verizon.

Could get interesting if the rates and bandwidth caps aren't crazy.

http://www.wirelessweek.com/news/2014/03/t-mobile-upgrading-2g-network-lte-renewing-map-wars

http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/13/tmobile-lte-expansion/

http://techcrunch.com/2014/03/13/t-mobile-plans-to-bump-their-entire-network-to-4g-by-2015/

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57620303-94/t-mobiles-tech-chief-i-want-to-decimate-verizons-map-ad-campaign/

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    I have their unlimited plan and I am grandfathered on their last price structure since they just raised that plan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule! DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    My son has been paying for my cell phone service ever since my Net10 phone died from a fall. We've been on Verizon for several years.There are 5 family members (daughter in-law, three grandsons and me) who have their own cell phones (my son has a company supplied phone. Last week he decided to switch us over to T-Mobile to save some money. Saturday, we all went over to a local T-Mobile store to take advantage of their buyout plan - they pay the early termination charges on our old phones and we all got new phone in exchange for the old ones. My daughter in-law and youngest grandson got iPhone 5S, middle grandson got a Sony Experia, while my oldest grandson and I got Samsung Galaxy S4's. The exchange process took a total of 4 hours, including porting our numbers and transferring contacts to the new phones. The only downside to the process is the fact that you pay full retail for the new phones (over a 24 month period).

4. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    that is no downside at all is a benefit. think about it when you finished paying the phones your bill actually goes down it does not stay the same as with the other companies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. dettxw

dettxw MRVing

Nov 21, 2007
    Choctaw, OK
    T-mobile is great if you happen to live in their limited service area and never travel out of it.
    An example of this - I'm eight miles inside OKC city limits with only EDGE 2G service available.
    They'll need lots more towers to provide real nationwide coverage - and I don't see that happening.
    But I like their commercials, I love the way they aggravate the Death Star (ATT)

Jump on Sensorly.com and view real coverage maps provided by users to see what's really available in your area and the places that you go.
    A cell phone is not much good if it doesn't work where you are.
    I pay a higher price for Verizon because the nationwide coverage is worth it. My tethering function (wifi) gets worked out by family and friends whose phones just won't work on the road or in buildings.
    While I use Verizon I'm hopeful that Sprint continues getting their act together upgrading their network. The big two companies need plenty of competition or we'll all lose out to higher prices and utility-like service.

6. dualsub2006

dualsub2006 Icon

Aug 28, 2007
    That's what this story is about, T-Mo is transitioning all of their 2G to LTE by mid-2015.

And they are adding cell sites, they just aren't talking much about it for whatever reason.

When they sold their owned towers they got access to leased space on other towers owned by the buyer. I have no idea how long before there's a positive impact from that.