1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Tailgater Question

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by heaviside, Apr 15, 2013.

1. heaviside

heaviside New Member

Apr 15, 2013
    I bought a Tailgater and Dish VP-211 receiver for my rv. Only after setting it up did I learn that it can't get international programming. (Impossible to get that info before purchase!) Is it satellite 118 on Dish Network?

Why can't I get the satellite? Is there a workaround?

Thanks.

2. VDP07

VDP07 Godfather

Feb 22, 2006
    Unfortunatly not with the Tailgater. International channels are carried on the 129w satellite. It is a different type of signal that the Tailgater is incapable of receiving.

3. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    Actually the international channels are carried on 118.7 and the tailgater isn't set up to receive it. If they were on 129 he'd be all set. The only way to get International channels for an RV is to buy a 1000+ or 500+ dish and point manually it each time he stops.

4. VDP07

VDP07 Godfather

Feb 22, 2006
    Doh! I had a brain poot. 118.7 is the FSS birdie I was thinking of.

5. ionamartin123

ionamartin123 New Member

Jun 2, 2013
    USA
    I appreciate that answer.Thanks a lot.