1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Tailgating with Directv

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by ianduncs, May 12, 2014.

1. ianduncs

ianduncs New Member

May 3, 2014
    We have a Tailgating Ambulance... I would like to add directv and use one of my receivers from home... What is the cheapest and easiest way to do this and still get my programing in HD

2. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    If you don't care about sd local channels, get a tripod that will hold a 2" pole, a Slimline dish and a sl3 lnb. With this setup, you can't use a Genie or an H25, but any other Directv receiver/dvr will work. If you run only one cable, the dvr will only have one tuner available.

3. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Well, depends what receiver you have at home? tell us the model numbers of the receivers you currently have ?

4. Jason Whiddon

Jason Whiddon Hall Of Fame

Aug 17, 2006
    Go to solidsignal. They have an rv setup with a single (SD) or triple (HD) lnb dish and tripod. Also comes with cable, just need a receiver.Prices are good.