1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TB Hard drive recommendations for HD DVR Raid enclosure

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by HermosaBeach, Aug 2, 2009.

1. HermosaBeach

HermosaBeach New Member

Aug 1, 2009
    I am looking for TB hard drive recommendations: I typically buy Seagate's 1.5 TB for my computer cause they come with a 5 yr warranty, their performance is typical and Fry's has them on sale for $119 every now and then. I wait for the sale and buy a couple. But, in the past couple years the reliability of these Seagate drives has gone done. This is not a problem on my computer, cause I have everything backed up. But with a HD DVR, this is not so easy. Therefore, just because I can replace a defective Seagate drive over the next 5 yrs, the pain of losing all my recorded shows is not worth it. Thus, I'm looking for a more reliable 1 TB, 1.5 TB or 2 TB drives that are still inexpensive.

Cheers

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
  3. HermosaBeach

HermosaBeach New Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Thanks, I saw and read that thread. But the thread only lists 500 GB hard drives. I am looking for a 1.5 TB, or larger, hard drive recommendations. Also, I'm not expecting guarantees or anything, I realize its buyer beware. I'm looking for brands and models that people have enjoyed or brands and models people have had difficulties with, and would not recommend.

4. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    I guess I was too subtle.:)
    You could have asked the question in that thread.

Also, larger hard drives are mentioned in later pages in that thread.

5. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    I'm a big fan of the WD Green drives..