1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TCM running off schedule

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Mark Holtz, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    Grrrrr....

I recorded Anne Of The Thousand Days overnight on my DirecTivo. The good part: They showed the film in it's original aspect ratio.

The bad part: TCM ran off schedule. The recording caught the tail end of The Mark Of Zorro (1920), and a quick check of the recording shows that the end of Anne was cut off near the end of the film. So, now, another several month wait until this movie airs again.

Maybe we should have a thread called "Unusual Padding needed". I set up my other TCM recording to record 5 minutes longer.

And I shot off a e-mail to TCM.

2. navy8ball

navy8ball Legend/Supporter

Mar 23, 2002
    this time paddding is happening alot on all of the channels.i think they are trying to outwit dvr users.

3. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    But, why do it to a movie that runs in the early morning when people are more likely to record for later playback rather than watch live?

4. FTA Michael

FTA Michael Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2002
    Unless I missed something, TMC doesn't run commercials per se. They run promos for upcoming shows, but that's it, and that's a big reason why I value the channel much more than AMC.

If that's still true, then TMC has no reason to try to mess up DVR recordings, right? I figure that it has more to do with TMC sometimes trying to shoehorn as many movies into a block of time, with the result that stop/start times aren't on the half hour or even the 5-minute mark.

5. thebigjp

thebigjp the 337's finest DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 21, 2003
    around 2000, 2001, Nick@Nite was airing shows at the ODDEST TIMES, for instance the TV Guide or EPG would say that shows would start at 8,8:30,9..., they would actually start at 8,8:33,9:06,...