1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Terk RCA Remote UHF Extender

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Karl Foster, Jul 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karl Foster

Karl Foster Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    I had a dilema that I wanted to hook up one of my RCA UTV receivers to work on two different tv's in two different rooms. I bought a set of cones thinking that would solve the problem, but every time my central air or furnace would kick on, they would go berzerk and the cones would change the channel and even erase tell the UTV to erase programs. Needless to say, that just wouldn't do. I came across this searching Yahoo:

TERK LF-RCA RF Remote Control Range Extender for use with RCA DSS

http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/ts...081/qid=1026018040/sr=1-3/104-7190627-9944737

It is an adapter that fits over the end of the RCA remote that is a sender unit and a receiver that sits near the reciever. It works great. Just thought I'd share. I bought mine off Amazon.com and entered LF-RCA in the search and three sellers came up. I bought mine for $31.99. Much better than the cones.

2. James_F

James_F Damn you woman!

Apr 23, 2002
    Sounds like you have one bad-ass HVAC unit. :eek2:

3. Karl Foster

Karl Foster Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Not really. It just must put the the same frequency as the cones. Where in the he** did you find that avatar?

4. James_F

James_F Damn you woman!

Apr 23, 2002
    Look at my Avatar, then Butters. How priceless is that look of his?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.