1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Test drive AT&T U-Verse

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by thebigeazy, Feb 8, 2014.

1. thebigeazy

thebigeazy Cool Member

May 12, 2006
    South Louisiana
    I'm planning to test U-Verse for 30 days. The slow channel changing and loss-of-signal during rain is the main purpose for checking out U-Verse.

My question is, my family has several hours of recordings on each (3) DVR. Will I lose these recordings if I suspend DTV for 30 days? I am out of my two year contract, so suspending/cancelling is not a problem.

Anything else I should be aware of, if U-Verse doesn't work out.

Thanks

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
  3. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Your recording are safe for a little bit if you disconnect the coax cable from the DVR BEFORE suspending. When the authorization times out, you won't be able to access the recordings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    But if he re activates they will still be there