1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks, HD Net & VOOM!

Discussion in 'VoomTalk.Com (Closed Forum)' started by Nick, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Live concerts in HD on the B·I·G S·C·R·E·E·N are nothing short of fantastic! They're even more fantastic when enjoyed at home within the cost of my sat tv subscriptions. Recently, I've enjoyed several concerts on HDNet and VOOM. First class musical entertainment in stunningly beautiful high-definition, and in the comfort of my own home theater. Most recently, an event that I've viewed several times over is Alison Krause & Union Station on HDNet. At the moment, and while this is being written, I'm enjoying none other than the incrediblePhil Collins - First Farewell Tour on VOOM's Rave HD channel.

I didn't realize just how much my HD subscriptions are saving me compared to the price of a pair or two of orchestra seats every now and then!

Code:
    [B]Alison Krauss & Union Station at Atlanta's Fabulous Fox Theatre[/B]

[B][U]Event[/U]            [U]Date[/U]         [U]Time[/U]        [U]Venue[/U][/B] 
    Alison Krauss    04/09/05     8:00 PM     Fox Theatre 

Sec: PIT C Row: PIT [B]$225[/B]
    Sec: PIT L Row: PIT [B]$200[/B]
    Sec: PIT R Row: PIT [B]$200[/B]
    Sec: ORC C Row: ORCH [B]$150[/B]
    Sec: LRA C Row: LOGE [B]$110[/B]
    Look how much I'm saving! I figure at least a thousand buckeroos a pop! :eek: Hey, you gofigure it your way, and I'll gofigure it mine! :grin:

Cya

2. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    Enjoy it while you can. Voom is broke!

3. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Really?!?!?! I hadn't heard that they were having problems. :lol:

4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Yeah. As good as dbstalk.com is, the radical Voomers are not here to cuss and discuss Voom as much as the other guy's website. :rolleyes: Of course, that site isn't as friendly to those that don't drink the Kool Aid.

I'm glad people are enjoying their Voom. I hope they get to enjoy it for a long long time. Voom itself is an excelent service - it is a shame that the future is so unsure.

JL

5. Nick

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Hey Paul, thanks for the news flash! Who KNEW? :shrug: :lol: But obviously, you missed the point. (I hate it when that happens to me! :) )

I'm not just talking about VOOM. I'm talking about the pleasure of enjoying concerts in HD in general, not from any particular provider.

In the future, please try to pay attention. :D

6. homer1

homer1 Cool Member

Dec 27, 2004
    I don't understand why some are so down on voom. Don't they have a free install going on? I proably would'nt want to drop 500 bucks upfront on Voom, but a dollar install, what do you have to loose? It definately has more HD then I receive on my 921, and I had to put 500 bucks out for it! Yeah I know voom does'nt know dvr, yet, there are ways around that with a htpc anyway. Should'nt we all hope for more HD providers in the future. Competition is a good thing for us consumers!

7. Nick

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Well said, Homer. Competition IS a good thing. Not only does competition give us more and better choices, but it tends to hold subscription prices down as well.

8. stanleee

stanleee Cool Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Make sure you catch Gloria Estefan. That girl can perform and the Miami Sound Machine is great. And she is sweet looking as an understatement :lol: :lol:

9. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Ah, Gloria.... She has a house and a business here and was going to do a benefit concert here in Vero Beach after the hurricanes last year. The city council got in the way trying to micro manage and making disparaging comments about her so she withdrew her offer. One of the two council members who most offended her got voted out last week.