1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

'That '70s Show' star Lisa Robin Kelly dead at 43

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by fluffybear, Aug 15, 2013.

1. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    From Fox News:

2. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    [​IMG]
    I remembered the show, but I couldn't remember her part until I saw the above imagine.

3. mrro82

mrro82 Legend

Sep 11, 2012
    Astoria, OR
    Yikes. Drugs effing suck. Such a shame when people succumb to them.

Sent from the other side of the Milky Way with my S4.

4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Yep ...
    [​IMG]

5. TomCat

TomCat Broadcast Engineer

Aug 31, 2002
    They do, but in her case the drug was apparently alcohol (everything I read only referenced alcohol, DUIs, domestic abuse calls, and a tragic downward spiral following a miscarriage in 2003). That said, alcohol is rarely the only drug chosen by someone who abuses substances to this extent. It is also why she left the show and was replaced by another actress, reportedly. Not to make too light of it, but anyone who goes by either one or three names probably has identity issues, especially if its three first names. I can't think of anyone famous that goes by three names that isn't just a little bit off.

It's very sad. She was a real cutie, and I always liked it when she was on screen. Pity. Those of us who are not susceptible to being influenced by drugs, including many legal ones, are exceptionally lucky.

But even the most benign drug, marijuana, can ruin the trajectory of your life by robbing you of personal growth and initiative. Don't let that happen. Being around other musicians I still only used it mostly off and on and even then only on weekends, and just a little bit, recreationally, but for 27 years; 18 years later I am still trying to recover from not doing all the things I should have done but did not do because of just being stoned. Regret also sucks.

6. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    R.I.P. Lisa

7. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

Aug 6, 2010
    Very sad :(

8. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004