1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

The Amazing Race - OAD 10/18/09

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Herdfan, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Herdfan

Herdfan DIRECTV A-Team

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    Quite happy with how things went last night.

Seriously, how can someone from a large NE city with its own spaghetti network of freeways and roads not be able to read a map and road signs? I might understand if they grew up on a farm and a city of 100K was their idea of a large city. Just WOW.

Teams seem to be helping each other more this season even with or without alliances. I thought the guys waiting for the girls to get a new car was cool and there wasn't even anything in it for them.:lol:

2. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    Well it could be they don't drive that much at home. It's not all that unusual for people who live in places like NYC to take cabs, buses and trains to get where they're going and not drive their own cars, heck there's plenty of people who live in NYC who don't even own cars. But yeah I wasn't sad to see Mr. Meathead lawyer gone either. I did find it interesting that they showed up to the Elimination station before the previous eliminated team though. Must be it took longer for the lost passport to show up than it seemed from the previous ep where it just looked like they went to the US embassy and there it was waiting for them. Could be it didn't get turned in for a couple of days or so I suppose.

3. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    The woman's accent says she's from Boston. And for those who don't know, you can be on a stretch of road that is MA-128 South, I-95 South instantly turning into I-93 North all while heading due EAST. Where South Boston is north of the South End... It's madness I tell you...

4. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    As far as the passport issue from last week .. there were only 30 minutes from Team [STRIKE]2[/STRIKE] 1 and the last team, so they really had no time to get their passports .. They had to at least drive back to the Monkey challenge.

5. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I think Boston is the only city that I have truly gotten lost in while driving. I had much better success in Stockholm, Sweden and I couldn't even understand a lot of the street signs.

6. Herdfan

Herdfan DIRECTV A-Team

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    Either that or it is much easier to get a flight to Hawaii from Dubai than Cambodia.

7. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    Hawaii? Unless I really haven't been paying attention I believe this season's elimination station is in Viet Nam.

8. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    What I was referring to was this weeks eliminated team showed up to the Elimination Station ahead of the previous weeks team even though i'm sure it was at least 24- 48 hours later, so that says last weeks team got held up for a couple of days in Cambodia. Could be the passport didn't show up at the embassy for a day or two, could be flight issues, who knows?

9. Herdfan

Herdfan DIRECTV A-Team

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    Actually, we were both wrong. It is in Acapulco.

10. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
  11. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...

Yeah they're both from MA according to their profiles:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/bio/lance_and_keri_15/bio.php?season=15

12. Herdfan

Herdfan DIRECTV A-Team

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    It sure is. :blush: