1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Amazing Race

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by jodyguercio, Oct 20, 2011.

1. jodyguercio

jodyguercio Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    So is anyone watching this season? So far it seems like the drama-less teams are making this a boring season. No one to root for.

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    This season seems like it's loaded with dumb people. Ironically, the team who many would think were dumb, seem to be one of the stronger and smarter teams...the snowboarders. The Asian American girl and her fiance (husband) is a a control freak. Something tells me she's going to have a break down.

3. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    I like the snowboarders, they get along great.

The twins, well :)

The brother and sister team, ugh. I can't believe how rude she is, she can be downright mean to her brother.

4. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    I'm watching, Jody ... and you're right about the drama. Oh well, at least we get to see all of the scenery in HD.

5. Charise

Charise AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2004
    You're right about suppositions--I wasn't sure about the snowboarders either, but being aware (reading signs) can be more important than intelligence in this game. Or just plain old luck is always good! :D

I was glad that Ethan and Jenna were ousted, but I don't really dislike most of the rest. I hope the sister watches the show and sees how poorly she looks as she berates her brother. She just seems angry all the time, and that hasn't been a winning trait in prior seasons. I like about 3 teams in particular but would be okay so far with almost any team winning.

6. jodyguercio

Aug 16, 2007
    I don't think it was fair that Ethan and Jenna were even allowed on the race. I mean cmon other than for ratings what did they need to be there for. Between them both, unless they've blown it all, they're worth at least 2 million. Just like several seasons ago when Rob and Amber were on, and then he has been on Survivor how many more times? CBS has a way of trying to promote someone so much that they become annoying.

Scott I know what you mean about the twins.

The snowboarders are a great team, laid back, calm, cool, collected. Just like a couple cowboys I know (sorry had to drop that one there). LOL.

7. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    We like the snowboarders as well. Reminds us of the hippies that won a few seasons ago.

Does anyone think the brother reminds you of the "we're not going to fall for the banana in the tailpipe" guy from Beverly Hills Cop?

http://youtu.be/7e3TYKOVCM0

One of these days I am going to be able to embed one of these things. :(

Except for those pesky taxes which took close to half of that. Unless your name is Richard Hatch. :lol:

[YOUTUBE]7e3TYKOVCM0[/YOUTUBE]

8. yogi

yogi Legend

Feb 8, 2006
    Is that a new rule. If you have money, you can't be on the show. Even if your a cancer Survivor.
    I like the snowboaders and the twins:)

9. Herdfan

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    Ummm..... Do you think Olympic snowboarders don't have money?

Look at Andy's website and Tommy's record:

* 2007: Grand Prix Overall Champion
    * 2006: 1st at Lake Placid World Cup, 2nd in �07
    * 2002: 6th at Olympics
    * 2005: 1st at Breckenridge Grand Prix
    * 2005: 2nd at World Superpipe Championships
    * 2003: Arctic Challenge Invitee
    * 2003: Big Bear Triple Crown winner
    * 16 World Cup top-3s, (six wins)
    * 2002: Triple Crown Champion

You think these guys don't have endorsements? They are professional snowboarders. I would guess they make enough from prize money and endorsements to make what Ethan and Jenna won on Survivor look like peanuts.

10. sigma1914

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Herd, I believe yogi was being sarcastic and forgot a question mark. It appears he was sarcastically saying, "You shouldn't be allowed to be on if you have money? That's silly."

11. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    I don't think so, yogi. CBS has been sprinkling previous contestants (allstars) on a number of shows, such as TAR, BB and Survivor. I can only imagine that they feel it's important for their ratings.

FWIW most, if not all networks, do it to some extent.

12. Herdfan

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    I think you may be right. My bad for not reading it closely enough.

13. sigma1914

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    ;) It's all good. It's hard to catch sarcasm online.

14. jodyguercio

Aug 16, 2007
    Not if you have the right font installed...... :lol:.

And while I realize that all shows have some potential for some type of "allstar" cast, CBS does it more than most and that's just a little annoying to me. Just a personal opinion so if I stepped over a line somewhere back there I apologize.

15. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    That's exactly what my daugher said - and the hippies are her Favorite Team Ever. They struck me as 'the hippies' but a little less in the charm and energy departments..

Like, I don't see the snowboarders yelling "Crazy gaijin (foreigner) coming through!" in Japanese while biking through Tokyo. Just something about the hippies extra energy and attitude (like in Dubai or Qatar) that made me REALLY like them.

16. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Herdfan, I edited your post to embed your YouTube video. Click on edit and see how I did it.

17. Herdfan

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    Ok, the finale was last night. My daughter and her friend are very unhappy about the conclusion. They maintain that:

1) Ernie and Cindy should have been penalized in Episode 9 when they lost their train tickets and rode essentially rode on the train for free.

2) Ernie/Cindy and Amani/Marcus should not have been allowed to check in at the conclusion of Episode 11 because they never solved the clue as to the location. Instead, Jeremy/Cindy's (who figured out the clue) cab driver called the other cab drivers and told them where to go. The kids thinks was was cheating. I am not so sure it was cheating, but probably beyond what the show expected for that leg.

Thoughts?

18. subeluvr

subeluvr Icon

Jan 14, 2007
    Ernie and Cindy did not ride the train for free. They paid for their tickets so the train company received payment for the seats they occupied.

19. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Cabbies calling each other .. luck of the draw. Can't assign penalty IMHO, but I do think it would take away from what you might call a "clean run" in the show.

20. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    i found it fairly hilarious that there was another The Dump. I'm sure the people there were wondering what was going on. That and Home Field advantage can mean squat in a race like that.