1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The April Charlie Chat Thread

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by Chris Blount, Mar 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    Next Charlie Chat:

Monday, April 8th
    9:00 p.m. ET live
    Channels 101, 251, & 490

Suppose they will mention anything about a Dishplayer upgrade? :lol:

2. John Corn

John Corn Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    I certainly hope he mentions something regarding the dishplayer.

I hope we here more on the 721.

3. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    What's a dishplayer? :rolleyes:

How about any preliminary info about the 921? When will the 501 get the search function?

4. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Be ready for 30 minutes of Merger information complete with e-mail adresses, web sites and Congressmen's names.

At least one mention of YES (still can't get solid info on this other than they're still talking).

CC Autopay! :)

Calls about PBS National and why you can't get it any more in areas with local channel availability.

See ya
    Tony

See ya
    Tony

5. jegrant

jegrant Legend

Mar 24, 2002
    How about a mention of this "exciting" new OpenTv channel that will allow us to (presumably) do many of the account management functions which can be done at dishnetwork.com but do them on the receiver?

I bet that one of the primary functions is (of course) a large button (some will say it's an AD) to sign up for CREDIT CARD AUTOPAY right from the remote control! :p

It'd be nice, though, if they could actually offer locals info and signup thru this app. Seems like it might be something that would reduce CSR calls for those that don't have a computer.

Also some info on the roll out of the Customer Support App. Will it essentially be in the same order they rolled out DISH Home? In that case, I'll probably get it fairly quickly once they start sending it. I own an early 4900 (actually IS a 4900 though, always has been. It didn't become one via software.).

6. edward bruzek

edward bruzek New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    I wouldn't expect any news on the Dishplayer. On the last retailer chat Charlie mentioned the problems he is having with Micosoft. Seems they have lost interest in the Dishplayer.

7. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    They will probably have a big big announce a multi-year carriage contract with ABC, thus ensuring continued carriage of ABC's channels and the return of ESPN Classic. Of course, we would know for about a week already.

Also, a YES update....

8. Kevin

Kevin Icon/Supporter

Mar 26, 2002
    What is up with Credit Card Autopay? It seems like E* is hell-bent on promoting this. They force you to enroll in it if you want to participate in any of their deals/discounts. It's mentioned every 5 seconds on the Info channels or Charlie Chats. Is CCAP something that D* doesn't have and E* is trying to boast about it in order to compete?

9. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Both E* and D* offer CC auto pay

10. Guest

The search feature has already been added to the DishPVR501. I was surfing my guide, and a little search thing popped up and went back to my guide again. I checked my menu, and sure enough. "Themes and Search" is there now. Too bad no keyboard with this one, but we can't have it all. :)

http://www.geocities.com/dishcustomer/Dish.html

11. Adam Richey

Adam Richey Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Kokomo, IN
    I'm sure you could tell who that unregistered guy was. :) I REALLY hope Charlie adds at least one high-quality basic channel soon. There are MANY that could please many customers, and a couple that need to be added BACK.

12. poeppe

poeppe Legend

Mar 25, 2002
    I would like to see the local channels renumbered to their actual numbers. I was at a friend's who has Directtv and it sure made it easy to use the local channels when DirectTv has them listed under their normal numbers. (Local Channel numbers were < 100)

Yes I know this isn't a very important change just a nicety :)

13. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski Banned User

Mar 21, 2002
    Actually it was mentioned on the last Charlie Chat they are currently working on software which will remap your local channels to their proper local channel numbers.

Sounds like a cool idea, I just hope that feature can be turned off on my Dish 6000 because my local HD stations map themselves to stations as well.

14. Karl Foster

Karl Foster Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    In reverse, I was at my in-laws who have E* and it drove me crazy the our local channel 4 was actually channel 719. On D*, channel 4 is channel 4.

At least they are there, just some extra numbers to try to remember.

15. slojim

slojim Cool Member

Apr 6, 2002
    AutoPay also generates a lot of money to E*.
    Anyone ever cancels, switches to D, etc. there are absolutely no refunds of money credits due.
    Jim

16. jegrant

jegrant Legend

Mar 24, 2002
    Actually, I thought what happened was that E* would keep that money in your account with them, should you ever return. I agree though, that it is shady that they won't refund it by sending someone a check or similar type idea.

I wonder how much interest they collect simply from these customers' funds that are just sitting in an E* interest-bearing account?

17. Scott Greczkowski

Mar 21, 2002
    For those of you who cant see the chat, our Transponder Chart God, TNGTony will post his world famous Charlie Chat recaps here after the chat is complete. (At least I hope he will) :D

18. Guest

I hope that Charlie says Dish is adding Trio and Goodlife Television. (B-Mania tv is way too much to ask for)

19. Scott Greczkowski

Mar 21, 2002
    I want info on the 721, the return date of ESPN Classic, information on the Dishplayer Upgrade and no mention of Credit Card autopay. :D

20. psecic

psecic AllStar

Apr 5, 2002

Like BBCWorld. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.