1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Big Question...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by captain16vgti, May 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captain16vgti

captain16vgti Cool Member

Mar 11, 2007
    Hey guys, Ive been lurking here for quite sometime now. Ive been reading and reading about the current HR20 models because ive been planning on buying one. Well the time has come and im about to take the plunge. The big question I have for you guys is, What model should I get ? The 700 or the 100 ? I keep on reading positive and negative things about each. Please help me out fellas.

-Chris

2. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    :welcome_s to DBStalk

Does not really matter. At the end of the day they are just about the same unit. The software is about the same right now and I believe down the road they will have the same software. The -100 does have a digital coaxial and the -700 does not. That is really the only difference besides the fact it has a second ethernet port. But it does not look like it will be used for anything.

3. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    There's a good reason for that, both have their positives and negatives. There is no clear cut advantage with one over the other. Same features, and just the same likelihood of getting one with problems with either version. That's really what they are, different versions of the same model. They are the same model.

4. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan New Member

Nov 29, 2005
    If it comes from D* you really won't have a choice. It will be whatever is on the shelf. If you went that route.
    Good Luck w/ your upgrade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.