1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

The Black Crayon Episode

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Maruuk, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Maruuk

Maruuk Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    I'm writing a speech and I was going to reference the old "Leave It To Beaver" classic plot line: Miss Canfield and the Principal are upset that all of Beaver's drawings in art class are drawn in black. They rat to his parents and everyone's in a tizzy, concluding Beave is some kind of future serial killer, until he reveals it's because he sits at the back of the class and that's the only crayon left in the box.

Now I would swear I have actually SEEN this ep, but when I checked, no such episode exists! Was this a plot in a similar 50's show and I just converted it to Beaver? I know some of you classic 50's TV experts will know this episode and be able to straighten me out. Thanks!

2. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    I don't recall ever seeing an episode with this plot in either "Leave it to Beaver" or "New Leave it to Beaver". Additionally, Miss Canfield appears to have only featured in a few episodes of Season 1 and in a couple of episdes of "new Leave it Beaver".

I can not tell you why but this almost sounds like something which came from a "Simpson's" episode.

3. Maruuk

Maruuk Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Interesting, thanks fluff. Perhaps it was Miss Landers, but the more I research this, the more it looks like it never happened as an actual Beaver ep. Yet I can see it in my memory clearly. It does sound like a Simpson's ep. I'll check that out.

4. TomCat

TomCat Broadcast Engineer

Aug 31, 2002
    Regardless, that is a hilarious storyline. Sounds like something that might happen on The Neighbors.

5. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    now there's a terrible show!