1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

The curated video service from TiVo's founders, Qplay, is shutting down

Discussion in 'Internet Streaming Services' started by Athlon646464, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    The curated video service from TiVo's founders, Qplay, is shutting down

(web.qplay.co) - "It is with heavy hearts that we announce Qplay will be closing. Our last day of service is next Friday, July 25, 2014.

If you purchased a TV Adapter from us and would like a refund, we will give you your money back (learn how to request a refund). Refund requests will be accepted until next Friday July 25, 2014 at 5 PM Pacific. All TV Adapters will stop functioning when the service shuts down, so please responsibly recycle your TV Adapter. Click here to find a local electronics recycling location. If you have any questions send us an email to help@qplay.co...."

Full Story Here

[​IMG]

2. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    Wow, that didn't take long. I think it was doomed from it's inception

3. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    I hadn't heard of this service until now. Doesn't seem like a bad idea. I would think that with the Chromecast ability, it would have been more popular. I probably would have used this when at work. My co-workers and I usually have Pandora or YouTube videos playing on a TV in the background (via Chromecast) while at work.

- Merg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    I have never heard of it.