1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

"The Following" Monday 2-10-2014

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by SomeRandomIdiot, Feb 10, 2014.

1. SomeRandomIdiot

SomeRandomIdiot Godfather

Jan 6, 2009
    I have "The Following" set up to record all First Run episodes, however this evening's episode "Family Affair" did not record.

Did anyone else have this issue - wondering if DVR or Guide issue.

2. coolman302003

coolman302003 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Jun 2, 2008
    Southeast
    I was just about to ask this same question, this episode did not record on my HR24-200 or HR44-700. Both were set to first run episodes only, it has the Sat. reair in the ToDo list on both.

No reason listed in history on the HR44 but the HR24 states: This episode was canceled because another matching program was scheduled to record. (10)

3. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Same issue here. I checked my History. It says the recording was cancelled because there is another recording set for Saturday night.

4. prushing

prushing DIRECTV A-Team

Feb 14, 2007
    It's something with the guide data. I noticed it on Sunday and corrected it. Guide data that DTV shows us was the same for both.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

5. usnret

usnret Icon

Jan 16, 2009
    Mine recorded fine...(HR34)

6. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island
    Ah crap. I just checked my iPad to see what's on my DVR's and it didn't record for me either.

7. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    Set to record Saturday.

8. jsat51

jsat51 New Member

Apr 15, 2013
    mid-atlantic
    Mine is set to record Saturday..

9. majikmarker

majikmarker AllStar

Feb 27, 2005
    Arlington, WA
    Had the same issue as well. DVR would not recognize last nights episode as new....it wanted to record the Saturday re-air. Luckily I caught the problem and forced it to record last night.

10. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    I'm a me too here. Nothing in History. And Future Showings shows it is schedule to record this Saturday. I figure the Guide data for it was incomplete.

I happen to watch it live. Didn't notice the boo-boo until I went to delete it.

11. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island
    It's also available to watch on DirecTV's website. It's not available on the DirecTV app.

12. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    In the future, if you happen to notice something like this and have time, please post here. Thanks.

13. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Absolutely agree.

14. coconut13

coconut13 Member

Apr 14, 2013
    I had the problem also. I did notice in my program guide before Monday, that for some reason the guide did not have the show being shown in HD. I do have a series recording and it had it scheduled to record Sat. night like some other posters have said. I just set it to record Mon. night. It must have had to do with the guide not showing it being broadcast in HD is the only thing I can figure out. It just must have been an omission in the guide system. Only time I have ever had a series recording not scheduled to record on a scheduled first showing. The Sat. showing does show up as being in HD in my program guide, but Mon. did not. I just finished watching the episode and would have posted sooner, but when I saw this thread I thought it might be about the episode and I didn't want to check it out until I had watched the episode.

15. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    No doubt an issue with the tags for that show in the Guide, not all of which are visible to us.

16. mrdobolina

mrdobolina AllStar

Aug 28, 2006
    A Mile High
    I don't think mine recorded last week's (2/3/14) either. But it is possible that I didn't have the show set up as a series link yet. I think it was set up, but I'm not 100% sure.

However, yeah, The Following did not record for me on Monday and is set to record the repeat on Saturday.

17. Gordon Shumway

Gordon Shumway Member

Jul 25, 2013
    Ocala, FL
    OK, you got me to check. Didn't record on my HR44 or HR22. Scheduled to record on Saturday for both devices.

18. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Just check it and it looks OK for tonight.