1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

"The Glades" - Pilot. OAD = 7/11/10

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by xmguy, Jul 12, 2010.

1. xmguy

xmguy New Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Middle, TN
    I liked it. Very witty and "tongue-in-cheek". I felt it wasn't as "gritty" as similar shows like CSI:MIAMI. Plus the "csi/cop/FBI" guy tactics seem a bit off. But I'm interested to see more.

2. mreposter

mreposter Hall Of Fame

Jul 29, 2006
    I enjoyed this one too. The lead actor is well cast in the part and the somewhat loopy plot was fun. The confrontation scene with his partner was a bit uncomfortable, but it showed the darker/edgier side of his personality.

3. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon DBSTalk Club

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    Just finished this via VOD. Have now set a series link.

4. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Was the VOD in HD by chance?

5. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    I enjoyed it as well and unlike CSI Miami, The Glades is filmed down here..., and Atlanta.

6. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon DBSTalk Club

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    I didn't notice that it wasn't. But my 5-yr old Toshiba picture tube type HD set seems to do a pretty decent job of up-converting SD.

7. xmguy

xmguy New Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Middle, TN
    I saw the second episode yesterday. I really like this show.

8. gpg

gpg DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Aug 19, 2006
    Long Island
  9. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    Sorry to see this one go. It wasn't great TV, but it was certainly very good.

10. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    That was one I recorded every week. It is different than most cop shows. Sad to see it go.

11. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Well, that stinks. I had a few left on my DVR. While I liked the show, one thing that always got me was how he would arrest someone for the crime and then let them go just to arrest someone else. And in many cases, he would end up arresting the same person multiple times during the show.

- Merg

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app