1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Installer no show

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by davidpaj, Aug 8, 2011.

1. davidpaj

davidpaj Mentor

Sep 9, 2006
    I had an upgrade for today... between 12-4. Okay Installer calls at 10am, I'm 40 minutes away, on my way no problem. 5pm, still no installer, call the installer, no answer, 6pm he calls me, I'll be there in 40 minutes just finishing up here. It's now 11PM, I don't think he's coming. I also question based on his attitude on the phone weather he had any real intention of coming or not.

2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Call DirecTV now and let them know what happened. Be nice to the CSR but let them know you're not happy (I'm assuming you're not happy).

They will offer you some 'compensation' for your inconvenience. You'll have to decide whether you want to take anything.

3. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    Also try calling the local directv contractor in your area

Kevin

4. joe diamond

joe diamond Hall Of Fame

Feb 28, 2007
    "No Call No Show" is a big deal in the installation trade. Having been there and never done that I have found people will deal with, "sir I have six jobs in front of yours and I will probably arrive at your home after dark." They consider their day and often pick another day.....no problem.

But to leave someone hanging around all day. . .

There may have been a reason but you should have heard it.

Joe

5. davidpaj

davidpaj Mentor

Sep 9, 2006
    Exactly... he was supposed to be here today too, not a word from the guy... not one...

6. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Call DirecTV. Be firm but polite. They will take corrective action and give you discounts or freebies for your inconvenience.

7. admdata

admdata Legend

Apr 22, 2011
    I had that problem when I had my first install the install was a no call no show.

I called D* and at the time that had a promotion that if they didn't come on time they would credit your account $100, and that did happen so the first 2 months I paid $0 on my directv bill.

:)