1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Jimmer Fredette Show

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by Game Fan, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Game Fan

Game Fan Baseball Is Life

Sep 8, 2007
    I'm not a BYU fan, but this young man is sure fun to watch. :)

2. kiknwing

kiknwing Godfather

Jun 24, 2009
    Ogden, UT
    Oh no, the one place that I could escape jimmer mania is gone.

3. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    He's another Adam Morrison & Tyler Hansbrough...in 5 years you'll never hear of him. He's a great college player, but too undersized to be a shooting guard & isn't really a point guard at the next level. I hope he succeeds, but I doubt it.

4. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I don't know...

Adam Morrison has been a disappointment in the pros... because of his size, it was reasonable to think he would translate to being a good pro... but he seems to have fallen flat for the moment.

Tyler Hansbrough would be hard to classify as a disappointment, to me, though.. Hansbrough was almost never the most talented kid on the court in college. What he was, however, was good AND very determined. Nobody outworked Hansbrough when he was in college... so you always got 100% of what Hansbrough had vs usually <100% of his opponents... so he won a lot more than he lost on pure effort and moxy.

In the pros, though, at his position you need more athletic prowess than Tyler has... so for the moment he isn't going to be a rock star compared to others more skilled at his position. He's always going to be a guy you want to have around though...

Whereas Morrison seems to mope when things aren't going well... Hansbrough will keep pushing through and will help bring others up instead of dragging them down.

So back to Fredette... since he is a guard, he still has a shot... because there are some smaller point guards in the pros who do well if they are fast and can shoot. Fredette has range, so you have to guard him or he will keep stepping back until he gets open! He also is muscular enough to make up a little for his size vs larger pro guards.

A lot of it (as always) will depend on who drafts him... but someone who needs a point guard would do well to take him.

5. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Can he be an NBA point guard? He needs to improve his ball handling a lot.

6. kiknwing

kiknwing Godfather

Jun 24, 2009
    Ogden, UT
    Lets see, I know of a place where they have two NBA lottery entry's, just traded a guard, and would automatically be a fan favorite...

7. kikkenit2

kikkenit2 Icon

Oct 25, 2006
    UTAH JAZZ!! They just got that other young white guy who isn't tearing it up. When I was an Idaho State Bengal back in the 70's your Weber State Wildcats were the team to beat. I lived in SLC during the stocton/malone era and still root for them.