1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Middle - OAD 9/30/09

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Herdfan, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    OK, let me say I was looking forward to this show for no other reason than Patricia Heaton. I have to say I was disapointed. Her character was very forced and not really funny. My wife described it as a Malcolm in the Middle knockoff with worse writing. I have to say I agree with her.

2. cdc101

cdc101 Godfather

Jan 8, 2007
    Totally agree with you and your wife. I lasted about 5 minutes.

3. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Didn't watch the show... but saw a promo, and immediately thought it was going to be too similar to Malcolm in the Middle.

4. Repcmm

Repcmm Cool Member

Oct 12, 2002
    I guess I might be the only one but I liked it. I have three kids, about the same age as on the show, so I guess I can relate to the show. It is very similar to Malcolm in the Middle, I must like dysfunctional family sitcoms. It was way better than "Hank" I think Kelsey Grammar can only play one type of character.

5. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon DBSTalk Club

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    +1 -- on both shows

6. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    We're going to give both shows a little more time. Sitcoms have to get a relationship pattern going between the characters that can't be accomplished in 20 minutes. But with that said, the writing will have to get a bit funnier.

7. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Equally disappointed that this show seems a bit "stiff" in its presentation.

Perhaps another couple of weeks under their belt...we'll see.

8. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Oddly, I though Middle had a stronger cast than Hank. Don't hold out much hope for either.

Rich

9. jeffshoaf

jeffshoaf Icon

Jun 17, 2006
    I enjoyed it. There were a few "stiff" moments, but I think that was just the writers and actors feeling out the characters. I really liked when the youngest son
    kicked into sales mode while riding in the car during the test drive!