1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

The Mob Doctor

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by mrro82, Sep 27, 2012.

1. mrro82

mrro82 Legend

Sep 11, 2012
    Astoria, OR
    Anyone else watch? So far through the first 2 episodes it isn't too bad. I'd say a 6.5-7/10.

2. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    Not bad at all, I've got the link set up.

But reading in some other places, it isn't getting good ratings.

3. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek DIRECTV A-Team

Jun 13, 2009
    I hope this one lasts, we enjoy it a lot. Oh and Jordana Spiro is nice to look at too. :D

My wife and I miss My Boys.

4. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    So far, so good. I give this one a :up:.

5. mrro82

mrro82 Legend

Sep 11, 2012
    Astoria, OR
    Usually when I like a show it gets cancelled. Hopefully NBC proves me wrong this time.

6. donbean

donbean AllStar

Mar 13, 2010
    just watched ep2 tonight.. its allright.. the main boss guy is a good actor .

7. mrro82

mrro82 Legend

Sep 11, 2012
    Astoria, OR
    William Forsythe. I agree. He's been in some good roles.

8. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    I don't necessarily like TV shows or movies where you end up rooting for a person who does illegal stuff. Even if they are being somewhat coerced.

I've watched the first 2 episodes and am not terribly enthused. She's coerced to work for the Mob so every episode will be some situation where she must choose between the Mob's coercion and her Hippocratic oath. So far the script writers have pulled her bacon out of the fire through circumstance. How long can that happen without exceeding the bounds of incredulity?

Regardless of her coercion, she is doing things that are illegal - and she's supposed to be the protagonist!

No sir, I don't like it!