1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The New Echostar PVR 721 - Where Art Thou?

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by Swampthing, Jun 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swampthing

Swampthing Legend

Apr 23, 2002
    Last release date I recall seeing on the boards was 15 June 2002 for the new 721; however, there doesn't appear to be a peep on any website concerning its release. Dish Network doesn't even list it, and Dish Depot is still taking pre-orders for an item that their website says will ship today. What's going on? Did it get released, or was the release date pushed back? :shrug:

2. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski Banned User

Mar 21, 2002
    The 721 is due to start shipping to Dealers TODAY!

Dealers should have then in their hands tommorow.

I should have one in my hands on Wednesday or Thursday. I will have a full review of the 721 online by Friday. :)

Stay tuned to DBStalk.COM!

3. STXJim

STXJim Legend in my own mind

Apr 22, 2002
    So,
    In other words...........
    The 721 is in the mail! :rotfl: :rolling: :wave: :lol:

4. rolou21

rolou21 Legend

Apr 3, 2002
    Just checked DBS Forums website....per Claude Grenier the units are now delayed until the 2nd week of July due to software issues. Can someone out there please verify if this is true and when exactly is the 721 going to be shipped. Dish Depot/Mark says the units are in the Echosphere warehouse and are ready to be shipped to Dish Depot. There is a scheduled retailer chat on Tuesday 6-18-02....
    rolou21.

5. Scott Greczkowski

Mar 21, 2002
    God I hope its not delayed again. I want mine now! :)

I look forward to bringing everyone the first complete review of the 721 including Screen Shots!

6. Bob Haller

Bob Haller Banned User

Mar 24, 2002
    I am waiting for others to do initial beta testing for me. Why spend so much money to get burned and into the dp blues all over again?

I really want to upgrade but jen will kill me if I replace fairly stable dps with a whole new bug ridden problem.

7. Craig Fogus

Craig Fogus AllStar

Mar 24, 2002
    I want mine too! I pre-ordered one from Dish Depot as well. I emailed Mark, and he said the they should ship this week too. Keep your fingers crossed!

8. Craig Fogus

Craig Fogus AllStar

Mar 24, 2002
    I know what you mean. That's the chance we take when we buy on the "bleeding edge." Oh well, I cannot help it! I want mine now. hehehe

9. Bob Haller

Bob Haller Banned User

Mar 24, 2002
    Careful bleeding edge can be cut off:(

Replacing DP with bug ridden 721 and my wife will cut me off.....

10. Craig Fogus

Craig Fogus AllStar

Mar 24, 2002
    hahahahahaha Yes, that could be a problem. Fortunately for me, I'm not married. Plus, my G/F wants my 501, so it should work out assuming that the 721 is not infested. :)

11. Scott Greczkowski

Mar 21, 2002
    Best advice, wait for my review of the 721 before buying one unless you really really want one. :) I am so looking forward to having one in my hands!

12. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    I took the chance with the 501, and was one of the lucky few who won that gamble...not gonna do it with the 721. I'll definitely be first in line for the 921, though!

13. AllieVi

AllieVi Hall Of Fame

Apr 10, 2002
    If what you say is complete, it would appear that an "out" exists. I just checked and there are "2nd weeks of July" in each of the next few years...

:)

14. andyf

andyf Mentor

Apr 23, 2002
    I don't have one on order and have never been a DP owner but from what I've read doesn't it seem strange that Dish may have actually held up shipment for a software problem?

15. marshalk

marshalk Legend

Jun 9, 2002
    So, has anyone heard if the rumor of a delay till mid july is true or not?

16. Scott Greczkowski

Mar 21, 2002
    Im waiting to hear now, the Retailer Chat (which is supposed to be about the 721) is on now.

My retailer friend who lets me watch the dealer chats is away this week on vacation. :(

If anyone has anything to share let us know! My credit card is getting itchy! :)

17. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Like I'm going to cough up 600 bucks for something that most
    likely will be defective for months, if not years to come?

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

What kind of immature "I want it, and I want it NOW!" person
    would do something stupid like that?

The Nickster :smoking:

18. Scott Greczkowski

Mar 21, 2002
    :wave: Raises Hand...

ME ME ME ME !! ME ME ME ME!! :p

19. Craig Fogus

Craig Fogus AllStar

Mar 24, 2002

Ouch....I hope you were just joking. I am one of those. I love playing around with new technology. :)

Besides, if nobody bought the new technology early on, how would any of the bugs ever get worked out? Why would they even continue making it if no one bought it? I don't mind being a guinea pig as long as they support their product. FWIW

20. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    "ME ME ME ME !! ME ME ME ME!!"

Sounds like you're still in kindergarten, Scott, waiting your turn for show 'n tell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.