1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The NEW Knight Rider

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Snoofie, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Snoofie

Snoofie Registered User

May 29, 2003
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=40185

Over at www.comingsoon.net they have a story on the new Knight Rider that NBC is doing. I have seen before that they are using a new KITT, this time it is going to be a black Shelby Cobra Mustang, but they announced in this article that the voice of KITT will be different. It will Will Arnett from Arrested Development fame. I think this will be another failure to update Knight Rider. I remember Knight Rider 2000 and a Knight Rider movie and they were both horrible.

2. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    David Hasselhoff lives :)

3. gulfwarvet

gulfwarvet Tips & Resources Collaboration

Mar 7, 2007
    when i first seen the title of the thread i thought there was going to be a new series. O'well i'll have to settle for a movie. :)
    nothing against Ford, but why a Mustang being KITT?, i would have at least figured they would have used the new Camaro. for the front grill resembles the Pontiac that KITT was well know for.

4. frederic1943

frederic1943 Icon

Dec 1, 2006
    It is a series, not just a movie. February 17, 2008 the new series will kick-off with a 2-hour movie event.

5. gulfwarvet

gulfwarvet Tips & Resources Collaboration

Mar 7, 2007
    thats great to hear, just hope it's better than Knight rider 2000 series. i guess with today special effects that could be used, it might be more realistic.

6. lwilli201

lwilli201 Hall Of Fame

Dec 22, 2006
    Missouri
    They must have had many episodes in the can already. Don't think anything is in production because of the writer strike. Sounds like some were made but they decided not to release it because it is a stinker.

7. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    KN2000 series was an absolute joke.

It has almost nothing to do with the whole foundation of what Knight Rider was about. It was like Voltron meets GM (IIRC they were all GM vehicals, or was it fords).

Either way... it was a bad bad bad bad concept.

If they bring it back to the core of what made Knight Rider... Knight Rider...
    It has a chance... I still can watch the "classics".

With todays special effects and stunt people... it actually could work.

8. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I think that it's a stretch calling Knight Rider a classic. It was good but it hardly deserves to be up on the shelf with Oliver Twist. It was good popcorn TV.

9. houskamp

houskamp Active Member

Sep 14, 2006
    wonder how many other "not quite ready for TV" shows will go on if strike continues..

10. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    For as much as I liked Knight Rider when it was on... and even bought the season DVDs to reminisce... we really don't need a new version of this show.

11. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Why?

Just because it was in the 80's which was 20 years ago...
    I call the A-Team "classics" too.

These where the shows that I watched along with LA-Law, Night Court, Cosby, and a few others.

They are "classics" to me...

Maybe not "master pieces" like Oliver Twist...

12. davemayo

davemayo Hall Of Fame

Nov 17, 2005
    I agree. I grew up on Knight Rider and A-Team. Mr. T and I share a birthday, after all. :D

13. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Sorry but KITT just won't be KITT if it's a Crapstang... I won't be watching.

14. Stuart Sweet

Jun 18, 2006
    By your definition, it certainly was a classic. Like you, I watched it as a teen and it always brought a smile to my face.

15. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    I just can't see anything good coming of this..... But I thought the same of Star Trek: TNG and the new Battlestar Galactica, so what do I know...... :D

16. Jhon69

Jhon69 Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2006
    Central San...
    Scene one/Act one.Both KITT and Michael are drunk eating hamburgers off Michael's livingroom floor.:D

17. elaclair

elaclair Rescued Racers Live Here

Jun 18, 2004
    Del Mar, CA
    Hmmm,

I wonder if "The Hoff" will do a cameo??

18. HouseBowlrz

HouseBowlrz Godfather

Jul 15, 2007
    Centreville, VA
    ... as did I, along with Hill Street Blues, MASH and The Cosby Show. I have no problems with them being called "classics" within the scope of television shows.

Before I read the OP's link, I wasn't sure how this would fly since the current run of The Bionic Woman is in trouble, and why this is a replacement for a new series that is getting axed (Journeyman) before it has a chance to really pick up.

I glanced through the article but saw enough to realize that it shouldn't mimic the original series. I'm sure we will get some story lines that might being Hasselhoff in for a visit or two.

my 0.02

19. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    Offer him a bottle of booze and a cheeseburger.

20. Stuart Sweet

Jun 18, 2006
    After reading more, I'm torn. I love Will Arnett for the voice, but I can't stand Bruce Davison. I probably won't watch if it looks like Bruce Davison is heavily featured.