1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

The Newsroom: "Bullies" OAD 7/29/12 ***SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by phrelin, Aug 1, 2012.

1. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I must admit I wasn't sure about this show - to me it has been uneven. But I was really, really impressed with this week's episode about the ability of a talking head to bully a person being interviewed.

The fact that Will so easily did it and talked Sloan into doing it to a friend - both with righteousness simply because facts supported their viewpoints - was disconcerting.

I'm particularly impressed that they did emphasize the Sloan character.

2. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    For me, "The Newsroom" is the best drama airing right now, hands down.

3. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    I was thinking about The Newsroom the other day, after reading that Time, Inc. just a appointed a new chief exec, in charge of all their magazines. Her qualifications?

4. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    I just cannot take Olivia Munn seriously.

5. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    In this week's episode I think she really demonstrated her dramatic actress skills, making me no longer think of her as a "Daily Show" regular.

But she still sounds a bit comedic in her latest interview with AP.

6. SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER Freethinker

Dec 11, 2007
    Mason, MI
    Why?