1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

The Nick And Artie Show Debuts July 16th on Audience Network

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by radioguy, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Jun 9, 2012 #1 of 26
    radioguy

radioguy New Member

Jun 8, 2012
    If you listen to the Nick and Artie Show then you probably heard comedian Artie Lange slip the announcement in the other night that his nightly radio show with fellow comedian Nick DiPaolo will finally debut their Live Audience Network TV Simulcast (10p-1am Eastern Time) on July 16th from their beautiful SoHo loft/mancave.

It hasn't been formally announced on the show, but Artie let the cat out of the bag on the show the other night, while talking about the new studio/man-cave.

I'm a huge fan of the show and those guys so I can't wait.

If you haven't heard the show, it's basically two comedians riffing about sports, current events, and food. Often, their comedian buddies call-into the show. It's pretty good.

2. Jun 9, 2012 #2 of 26
    spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Artie Lange?

No thanks. Besides, I thought he killed himself.

3. Jun 9, 2012 #3 of 26
    hasan

hasan New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    I have no idea what he's like by himself, but I've seen Nick subbing on the Dan Patrick Show and he seemed to do a decent job.

I'm not sure I could take a regular diet of him, but won't know until I take a look.

4. Jun 9, 2012 #4 of 26
    HarleyD

HarleyD Hall Of Fame

Aug 31, 2006
    My exposure to Nick DiPaolo is limited to his appearances on "The Smoking Gun Presents Worlds Dumbest...". His role there is comic commentary. It sounds like the radio show is in that same vein.

I liked Artie on the old Stern show, but he wasn't expected to carry the show.

I'm not marking my calendar or anything but at some point I'll probably check it out when I'm searching for something to entertain me now that I know it'll be out there.

5. Jun 9, 2012 #5 of 26
    Billzebub

Billzebub Godfather DBSTalk Club

Jan 1, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I loved Artie on Howard, but I downloaded the podcast for this show once and found a little Artie is better than a lot of Artie.

6. Jun 9, 2012 #6 of 26
    radioguy

radioguy New Member

Jun 8, 2012
    I was a big fan of Artie on the Stern show, wasn't a huge fan of Nick DiPaolo before (I don't particularly agree with a lot of his opinions) but I've slowly become a fan of the show. Nick sorta drives the show, Artie plays second fiddle. That's sort of how it should be, and it turns out pretty well.

The interviews are what make the show though.

7. bones boy

bones boy Godfather

Aug 25, 2007
    Thanks for the info. I was looking for this on AUD and couldn't find it.

8. BuffaloDenny

BuffaloDenny Icon

Mar 19, 2007
    Yeah, I thought Artie died. Guess it wasn't successful. What's he up to these days - 400lbs?

9. SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER Freethinker

Dec 11, 2007
    Mason, MI
    Sweet! I've been looking forward to this. Artie Lange is funny as hell.

10. SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER Freethinker

Dec 11, 2007
    Mason, MI
    So I guess Artie was wrong about the date.

11. davidatl14

davidatl14 Icon

Mar 24, 2006
    Saw Artie and Nick talking for the Cameras at the Damages Season 5 Launch Party.

Said show debuts in August on the Audience Network.

I want to say the 13th but don't hold me to that part.

August is definite though.

12. SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER Freethinker

Dec 11, 2007
    Mason, MI
    Someone said they saw a new promo that indicated a September premier.

13. Wisegoat

Wisegoat Icon

Aug 16, 2006
    Yeah, the promo commercials running during the Dan Patrick Show has a "Coming in September" title on it. I had last heard it was mid July. We should be seeing the DIY Man Caves episode where they build the studio for them fairly soon now.

14. Odys

Odys Cool Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I used to think I liked Artie, until I realized the Stern show was much better without him. Now when I listen to old episodes with Artie, I find him unbearable. He's always trying to shoehorn his own stories into just about any conversation. On a personal note, I wish him well, not sure I'll be checking this show out though.

15. Bag302

Bag302 New Member

Jul 15, 2007
    "Fernando Rodney Dangerfield" is GOLD

16. SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER Freethinker

Dec 11, 2007
    Mason, MI
    Artie just Tweeted that September 7th is the premier date.

17. HarleyD

HarleyD Hall Of Fame

Aug 31, 2006
    Didn't Artie get suspended for urinating on the studior floor or something?

That seems more like content geared more for TV than radio.

18. john262

john262 AllStar

Oct 26, 2011
    That would be from 7-10 PM on the West Coast where I am, which would take a big chunk out of prime time. I wonder what they would do with programs like Damages that are run in that timeslot now.

19. Drivingrain

Drivingrain Cool Member

Jan 16, 2011
    Months later I've started watching and the show is hitting its stride.

The visual of ther "announcer" Mike Buchetti is consistently funny. And then the addition of those twins is pretty funny too. Artie and Nick's interactions with all three of them are good. Nick always looks annoyed at something; he's taking to the straight man role better than before with more characters around.

I'd say the show is a keeper.

20. JoeS

JoeS AllStar

Jan 24, 2008
    Why isn't it on live M-F on Audience Net?