1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

The Office finale, Cut Short

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by toobs, May 17, 2013.

1. toobs

toobs Legend

Oct 10, 2012
    I was watching the finale of The Office just now on my HR34 and it says that is recorded all 1hr 15min, but right after the hour mark, the recording stops and I get the message if I want to delete the show or now.

What happened to the last 15 minutes that it was supposed to record?

Did anyone else has this?

1 person likes this.
  2. sstv

sstv Legend

Jul 30, 2006
    DALLAS TX
    Hi All
    I got the whole show but had many picture breakups with lots of shudder and bad audio.
    Clear weather with signal in the 90's
    6be software.

3. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Recorded it both SAT and OTA here in NY. Haven't watched yet, but I just skipped to the end of both recordings to check. I found the beginning of Hannibal both times, so I assume I've got it all. :up:

4. toobs

toobs Legend

Oct 10, 2012
    All other shows recorded just fine.

Weird.

5. JimKlingon

JimKlingon New Member

May 17, 2013
    This exact same thing happened to me -- DirectTV HR34, and it cut off with over 10 minutes left. The weird thing is that the bar indicating the length of the program was for the full 1:15, and it 'stopped' about 9 minutes short (marker near the end). This was a big WTF moment in our house, and of course I had to scramble to find the remaining 10 minutes. Besides that and my remote unit ALWAYS skipping to the end when using the 30s skip button, this setup is getting annoying.

6. toobs

toobs Legend

Oct 10, 2012
    It was easy to find the rest. Thank goodness from the Internet.

I was thinking of the same thing, but mine remarks was POC!!!

7. SomeRandomIdiot

SomeRandomIdiot Godfather

Jan 6, 2009
    Same thing happened several weeks ago - believe it was Celebrity Apprentice - cut off the last 30 minutes but indicated it had recorded the entire 2 hours. Keep or Delete popped up at 1:30 multiple times. Even after reboot. Luckily I caught it about 90 minutes after the fact and recorded a West Coast feed from Seattle 3 hours later.