1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The official December 10th Charlie Chat thread

Discussion in 'Archive' started by -, Dec 10, 2001.

1. Guest

Well, here we go with another Charlie Chat. Please keep all discussion and summaries in this thread. Any guesses on what Charlie will say tonight that we don't already know?

Charlie Chat
    Monday, December 10, 2001
    9:00 p.m. eastern time live
    Broadcast time: 1 hour
    Channel: #101, #989,

2. Guest

I really wish that they would at least announce 1 or 2 good channel additions that all customers will be able to have in the basic package but I get the feeling all it will be is a merger talk and locals talk.

3. Guest

I wonder if Charlie will anounce that ABC Family and ESPN Classics are being dropped.

I hope he has 2 channels to replace them with. I must admit I have been enjoying ABC's 25 days of Christmas.

I feel really sorry for TNGTONY as I expect there will be a tun of channel announcements for all the must carries they are adding. It will be interesting to see if he can keep up. I hope its not his dart night. :)

I use to like the Charlie Chats but now I spend most of my time watching them screaming the word bullcrap (ok not crap) every time Charlie says something for which I know is totaly false. Its scarry sometimes that I know more of what going on at Dish then their own CEO does.

And how much I hate it when someone calls and asks for Muchmusic and Charlie says "Hmm never heard of that channel before, your one of the first to request it" That drives me NUTS!

Ok enough of that almost Chat Time!

Scott

4. Guest

Just tuned to 101, anyone else feel that elevator music is annoying? E* please bring back DNN?

Steve

5. Guest

I also wish they would bring DNN back, (and bring it back with the old opening not the newer bingo call opening!)

Dish Needs something that tells everyone what is going on.

DirecTV's CUstomer Info channel is great, Dish could do this with no problem.

I don't know if you have ever seen channel 999 which is the DIsh Network Dealer Info Channel, its very well done, I hope they can do the same for their customers.

Scott

6. Guest

Well, the chat was full of some good information but I wonder about the claims made on the show. For instance, won't the DirecTV users have to change out receivers? That's over 10 million subscribers. And what about the name of the new company. Isn't it going to be Echostar's DirecTV? Where did the "New" Echostar come from?