1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

The older online gamer

Discussion in 'Gaming Fun - The Other Reality' started by Mark Holtz, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    From Wired:

21st-Century Shooters Are No Country for Old Men
    FULL ARTICLE HERE

Of course, the Oatmeal has a comic about What it's like to play online games as a grownup

2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Yeah, I don't play online anymore. Had quite a bit of fun playing Doom via modem back in the day, but it's just not fun anymore.

3. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    I'm 51 and routinely play Call of Duty WaW and Black Ops. (PS3 owner) I have to deal with ADSL lag in addition to being old and slow. Were due for an upgrade to VDSL2 in our area and lag won't be an issue after that, but I'll still be old and slow :rotfl: I completed GTA IV, WaW and Black Op on Veteran. I'm debating on GTA V. It's hard to cough up $60 for a game.

4. neomaine

neomaine Legend

Feb 3, 2003
    Ask your parents to give it to you for Xmas. !rolling