1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

"The smart card is inserted incorrectly"

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by ebaltz, Oct 2, 2009.

1. ebaltz

ebaltz Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2004
    I get this warning message every so often, sometimes multiple times a day. When it appears, the system is locked and nothing can be done but a reset. Everything is working correctly before this occurs. Any suggestions? Obviously the smart card is inserted since normally everything does work fine.

2. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Have you "re-seated" the card?

3. ebaltz

ebaltz Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2004
    Yeah, but that can't be the issue because it works and then it doesn't, its not like anything is moving around. Very strange.

4. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    I have had the problem on my 211 every so often. I just pull the card and reinsert it. Force the reboot, and it goes away, my comeback in a year or so.

5. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    To be fair... the card probably is "moving" around... due to the heat these receivers produce, both the card and the slot probably change size by some small degree all the time... and the card might even warp slightly over time.

This doesn't even take into account the vibration due to the fan and hard drive... also if you have a large speaker nearby... and general earth vibrations as well.

6. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Remove the card and take an eraser and lightly rub the contacts on the card and reinsert it. Lightly.

7. domingos35

domingos35 Icon

Jan 11, 2006
    my 3 receivers don't even have smart cards

8. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Then that won't work for you. :)