1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

The Weather Channel Local on the 8's in HD

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by HDTVFreak07, Sep 14, 2013.

1. HDTVFreak07

HDTVFreak07 Icon

Sep 12, 2007
    Did the Weather Channel in HD stop giving local weather forecasts on local on the 8's??? All day long today, it no longer shows local forecast during Local on the 8's on my HR24.

2. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    You may need to change channels and come back to get it to reload. Also Weather channel is doing less weather now days as well.

3. retromzc

retromzc Legend

Sep 6, 2007
    My Weather Channel locals on the 8's has also stopped working lately on my HR24-500 reciever. I have tried changing channels back and forth and also resetting the receiver. Neither has helped. I still get the prompt at the top of the screen to push the red button for local weather or - to clear but no local on the 8's. Strangely enough the severe weather beeps and the on screen warnings still pop up. Oh well, at least my Directv apps started working again.

4. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    I think dtv is having some issues with the interactive channels today.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

5. Jish

Jish AllStar

Jul 27, 2007
    After reading your post I realized mine wasn't working either (HR24-500). I pressed the red button and went into it and noticed that somewhere, somehow, my local zip code had changed to one beginning with a 9 nowhere near mine which begins with 159. I corrected it, exited and waited for the next Local on the 8s and my local info was there.

1 person likes this.
  6. ScottP

ScottP Cool Member

Jun 1, 2011
    Mine hasn't been working on my HR24-100 for several days now.

7. PCampbell

PCampbell Icon

Nov 18, 2006
    For some reason it dose not work on the latest software.

8. bnwrx

bnwrx Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    colorado,...
    This happened to me a week ago...Check that your local zip is still there, if not change it back. That worked for me and has continued to work.....
    We got a software update recently, maybe that triggered the zip change....

9. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    I had to re-add my zip. Sometimes, it comes on even when it's not "Supposed" to, but it does work.

Has anyone with a home theater set-up noticed that the Weather Channel has a LOT more bass than other channels?

10. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    I read elsewhere that TWC is going to non-weather programming, similar to CourtTV, The Nashville Network, MTV, etc.

Supposedly they'll have a SD "Weatherscan" channel available for cable viewers, but it looks like Local on the 8's may soon be coming to an end.

(Thanks, NBC/Comcast - NOT!)

11. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    At least CourTV changed their name.

12. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    I just tried removing my zip code and added a random zip code, then removed it and readd my zip code through the interactive local app via the red button press, and now it shows the local weather on local on the 8's.

13. PCampbell

PCampbell Icon

Nov 18, 2006
    On a business trip last week and the cable in the room had local on the eights.

14. Old_School

Old_School Legend

Nov 28, 2011
    PA
    Cable does have the weather scan channel but i found it as useless and unreliable as the weather channel. One of our local stations launched there own "weather scan" channel OTA that is a bit more accurate. I have noticed that in our area that Directv is starting to pick up a few of the sub-channels to are locals maybe they are working a deal to pick up the weather scan channels of the locals? who know...

15. retromzc

retromzc Legend

Sep 6, 2007
    I tried removing my zip, adding a random zip, then re entering my correct zip. What do you know? It worked, my local on the 8's are back. Thanks for the tip acostapimps!