1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Themes disappears after opening

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by dweber, May 18, 2005.

1. dweber

dweber Cool Member

Jan 10, 2005
    When I bring up Themes (left arrow) and pick a category, the program list opens and then immediately closes. I have used Themes in the past with no problems. I have plenty of disk space left (126 hours SD or 18 Hours HD). I only power the receiver on for 3-4 hours each night when I watch programs. I did a power reboot but this did not fix the problem. My Receiver CA ID is R0066164701-07. My SW Version is L213HEED-N. My boot Version is 150B.

I contacted Dish technical support and the technician was unaware of this particular problem. She had me check my signal strength on 105, 110, and 119 on several different transponders and all signal strengths were excellent. She then made out an incident report since she claims that my problem is not documented. Is this a new bug or is it just unknown to the DISH Technical support? Also, is there any known fix?

Thank you for your support.

2. Skates

Skates Icon

Apr 15, 2004
    Same thing began happening to me yesterday - kept trying to go into "Sports" themes but would be kicked out within a few seconds.

I tried a soft reboot (which didn't fix it) followed by a power-plug reboot (which didn't fix it either).

The only theory I had was that maybe there was something corrupt in the guide itself, so I figured I'd wait overnight and let it generate a new guide, then try it this morning.

Sure enough, it's working fine now. :p

3. jwr

jwr New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    Same thing here. It's happened the last two nights

4. brec

brec New Member

May 19, 2005
    Just a data point: me, too. Yesterday was my first day with the 921.