1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

They're back!!! (ZSRs in L273, that is.)

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by Jason Kragt, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Jason Kragt

Jason Kragt Legend

Dec 19, 2002
    At first I thought it was a fluke, but I'm getting zero second recordings again. There have been three of them so far, all from satellite-delivered channels (not OTA). Before this episode, it must have been about six months since my last ZSR.

Signal strengths are all good. I haven't made any changes. The only change that I have identified so far is L273. I forced a reboot a couple of times. Maybe that will help. The sad part is that I was beginning to depend on my 921 to record reliably again. This really sucks!

2. leemathre

leemathre Legend

Sep 25, 2003
    I also have seen ZSR's since L273 but only on my HEED model. I had never had a ZSR before on either 921 and I have been using a 921 since January of 2004.

3. nitram22

nitram22 Cool Member

Jun 10, 2004

Same for me. I had NEVER (knock on wood) had a ZSR before this, and Sunday night I had 4 of them. I've had my 921 since December 2004. Hopefully this isn't an omen of bad things to come.

4. welchwarlock

welchwarlock Legend

Jan 5, 2005
    I am thinking that the software developer's don't have any kind of configuration control on their code. They must have different people working on different problems on the same modules at the same time. This is not the first time a bug got fixed, then pops back up...

OR

It was fixed by accident, now it is broke by accident, and they don't have a clue why it is fixed or why it is now broken.

Either way... this is a problem. Wish I could help.

WW

5. Jake Collins

Jake Collins Cool Member

Aug 13, 2005
    I got an interesting message when I opened my DVR the other day: a box that listed a zero second record for the program that preceded the one I wanted to record, 60 minutes for the program I did wish to record, and a zero second record for the program following the one I wanted. It wouldn't let me watch any of them, only delete them. Once I did,everything was OK in 921 land. Anyone else experienced this variation?

6. davebryan

davebryan New Member

Dec 9, 2003
    I have been getting ZSRs since the new download, but only on the one OTA digital channel I can receive. Also, I tried to set a new timer to test it after rebooting, but it will not let me set a timer on that channel. The sat channels seem to be working.

I'm missing a lot of programs when I travel...is anyone looking at this problem????

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

7. leemathre

leemathre Legend

Sep 25, 2003
    I guess I spoke too soon. This morning I had several ZSR's on my HECD model which is the 921 I have had for almost two years. These were the first ever on this unit. Out of 15 recordings, 11 were ZSR's.

8. David_Levin

David_Levin Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 22, 2002
    You should try removing and re-adding the OTA channel. The station might have messed with the PSIP data stream (which can really screw things up).

9. boylehome

boylehome Hall Of Fame/Supporter

Jul 16, 2004
    I'll second that. Usually my ZSR's happen because of the stations messing with PSIP or whenthey go off the air!

10. Jason Kragt

Jason Kragt Legend

Dec 19, 2002
    I had one ZSR that was the indirect result of getting out-of-market program data.

One day while scanning for new channels I got a rather distant one that is not part of my DMA. I seem to get guide data for that channel though. I found an interesting program to watch while using the "search" feature. I programmed the show to record--not realizing that it was on a distant channel that I rarely can receive. The end result was a ZSR.

11. leemathre

leemathre Legend

Sep 25, 2003
    I never record anything from OTA. All of my ZSR's were on satellite channels.

12. davebryan

davebryan New Member

Dec 9, 2003
    Thanks for your help. I deleted the OTA channel, reinstalled it and the ZSR problem appears to have been fixed.

:hurah: :hurah: :hurah: