1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Thinking about switching to DirecTivo

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by -, Oct 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

Lately I've been mulling over the idea of switching to DirecTivo. With the problems involved in running a DP it seems pretty apparent by discussion elsewhere that the DirecTivo is a much more realiable product.

What features are on the Displayer that are NOT on the DirecTivo? I would really like to know because there are things the DP does that I would sorely miss if I made the switch.

2. Guest

WebTV and PIP perhaps, not much else.

After leaving DISH and going with DirecTV I admittedly missed my Dishplayer. I even purchased a UltimateTV to fill the void. As time went on I realized that DirecTIVO allowed for lots of tailoring so UTV is out but DirecTIVO remains.

What I like best about DirecTIVO...
    -Dual Tuners
    -I can request "first Run", thus ignoring reruns
    -No bugs!!!!!!! I never miss a show...NEVER!!

3. Guest

I hate to be a wet blanket. I have a TIVO and DISH in one room, and added a 501 to the second room. There is no comparison between TIVO and 501. TIVO has all sorts of search functions, season passes to record all episodes of a desired show, better features of searching what's on, what actors, what directors, etc. (Of course, it's more expensive too.) I hope that the 502 will continue to improve, but at the present there's really no comparison...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.