1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about switching to DirecTV

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by rhyme, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhyme

rhyme New Member

Jun 17, 2004
    Hello,

I'm thinking about switching to Directv and I would like to get the HD Tivo as part of a new customer package deal along with another HD receiver and a SD DVR in a third room...

Can anyone reccommend a good online retailer or should I just call directv up directly?

Also would the installer run the second cable lines upstairs or is there an additional charge for that? Currently I have all my rooms pre-wired with cable but its only 1 wire to each room... I would like to take advantage of the dual tuners for the DVRs...

Any thoughts? Thanks!

2. dishsucks

dishsucks Guest

valueelectronics.com

3. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    I also recommend ValueElectronics.

If you're getting the DirecTivo units then yes they should run any additional cable for N/C. However it will probably be the quickest/easiest way for them to do it. If you want an 'upgrade' they'd charge you for that extra work.

4. spanishannouncetable

spanishannouncetable Icon

Apr 23, 2002
  5. openhouse

openhouse Legend

Jan 24, 2003
    other great places for directv deals are

http://hdtvtechno.netfirms.com/ExpertSatellite.htm
    when you order through this specail website address mentioned, Compliments of hdtvtechno. To Get A Specail Discount Of Your Products You Order, Please Make Sure You Enter, Promo Code: ref533560 During The Ordering Process. When ordering Via The Telephone & Speaking with a Live Person Or Automated System, Please Make Sure You Mention, Promo Code: ref533560 Before You Place Your Order, To Get The Specail Discount. The Promo Code: ref533560 Does Not Expire, So You Can Use It EveryTime You Place Your Order, Even You Can Share The Promo Code With Your Friends Or Family

and more great places
    http://hdtvtechno.netfirms.com/directv.htm
    http://hdtvtechno.netfirms.com/satellite.htm

6. JerryR

JerryR Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 17, 2004
    Conversely, I am seriously considering dumping D* for E* - might even do it tonight. Tired of waiting for D* to provide the locals. I already have a TiVo so that isn't an issue for me. Is there a top notch online source anyone would recommend for E*?

7. Selenna

Selenna Fair Lady of the forums DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 18, 2004
    And so kind of you to mention that by someone using that promo code YOU, not they, will receive $80. I don't mind seeing someone else get a bonus, but I at least expect them to mention it up front and not make it sound like some special deal for me.

8. rhyme

rhyme New Member

Jun 17, 2004
    Hmm why value electronics? I noticed that I have to pay sales tax from this place... also I noticed I have to pay a shipping fee when adding things to my cart.. Doesn't the equipment get shipped direct to the installer?

Anyplace else that is not in New York state?

Thanks..

9. Psychic Horse

Psychic Horse Cool Member

Mar 3, 2004
    I just placed an order with valueelectronics. Great service, shipped to you direct and an installer comes to set it up.

10. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    JerryR,
    Is your TiVo a standalone model?
    Otherwise it won't work with Dish network.
    Instead of dropping DirecTV altogether, check to see of Dish can provide you the locals all by themselves.

11. JerryR

JerryR Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 17, 2004
    Yes, it is a Sony branded Series One TiVo. I was a very early adopter. Has all the storage capacity I need. Never thought about asking DISH if they'd provide locals only - kinda doubt they would though. Thanks for the idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.