1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Thinking of upgrading to Hopper - Cost?

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by festivus, Oct 30, 2013.

1. festivus

festivus Legend

Nov 9, 2008
    Right now, here is what I have. Since my install in 2007 it's been pretty much the same.

America's Top 250
    HBO
    HD/SD (2TV) DVR Receiver
    DVR Service
    Protection Plan
    OH Gross Earnings Tax Reimburs
    HD 250 Free (reg $10)

I have 2 vip 622 receivers. An external HD attached to one of them.
    Both are connected to my home ethernet to the internet.
    Antenna in attic to both of them.
    HD HDMI feeds from both to each main TV.
    TV2 feeds from both of them, both to 2 different TV's, split.
    So both 622's are connected to TV1 HDTV, TV2 split and going to 2 TV's.
    6 TV's total.

So, how would a hopper or 2 hoppers and joeys work for me? What kind of cost am I looking at?

What I miss most with having 622's is the inability to use a sling adapter and not be able to do dish anywhere. Might I be better off looking into a 722 instead to get this technology?

Thanks for the help.

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Legend

Jan 10, 2006
  3. RBA

RBA Active Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    You'd probably be looking at 2 hoppers and 4 Joey's to service 6 TV. Joey and Hoppers don't have RF to split unless you use external modulators. 722K might be a better upgrade.